Sage North America

www.na.sage.com

A solid place to work but they are ratcheting up productivity so expect to work long hours

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Beaverton, OR

ProsGreat people and team environment. They are willing to adapt new technologies to grow their software. Agile development means minimal time writing documents and planning features.

ConsThere is a fair amount of legacy code to maintain. The agile development process has its drawbacks as the minimal time allocated to planning typically means parts are unaccounted for in the estimation process; the implementation of any unaccounted parts is expected to be absorbed by the engineer, with no slack given on the schedule. This leads to long hours as developers catch up with unplanned work.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change things for the sake of change. Actually have a reason for the change and a predictable and positive outcome. Also consult the people who will be affected by the change. For example, don't lower cube walls for developers just because you feel it makes people more productive.

Give engineers more freedom in their work-life balance choices (such as working at home) and more freedom to make technical decisions.

Unrealistic sales goals, stressful work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sage North America

Pros: Great benefits, friendly co-workers, nice offices, somewhat good training. Cons: Ridiculous sales goals, bad pay-especially the commission structure, too much… Advice to Senior Management: Set realistic goals for your staff. It's always good to challenge your employees,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Go with eyes wide open and you can enjoy your time at Sage

Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Sage North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Global company with strengths in Europe Hard working, bright employees Great place to redefine self or change career trajectory… Cons: You need to know the right people and have a champion Salary is on the lower range of the comp ranges Historically… Advice to Senior Management: Keep moving through your transitions, and keep growing internal staff at all levels. LISTEN to your employees - they will make or break you. Increase… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Sage North America.

Worked for Sage North America? Contribute to the Community!