Sage North America

www.na.sage.com
  www.na.sage.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sage North America

Look somewhere else if you can. It is not as

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Sage North America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Decent benefits and great PTO
- Promising product strategy and portfolio (i.e. mobile products)
- CEO has done a nice job so far turning it around and has hired a good team (executives).
- Flexibility to work remote (although some people take advantage of it)

Cons

- Salaries below market (not as competitive)
- Need to be good at kissing behinds. Title happy (Some VP's/directors/sr. directors/ sr. managers) lack the necessary knowledge and skills to be in their positions but with big egos
- Too many "lifers" who are worried about protecting their jobs and not focus on what's good for the company,so leave your ideas and opinions to yourself
- No room for growth

288 Other Employee Reviews for Sage North America (View Most Recent)

Overall, a very supportive company.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sage North America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Sage promotes a great work environment. Great work, life balance. They provide quite a bit of training

Cons

The company seems to be happy to stay barely afloat. little to no drive to improve their core products or services. This leads to complacency, and in the end, underpaid staff.

It's time to get down into the ranks with the employees.

Sage has afforded me many growth and development opportunities

I have been working at Sage North America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I've had the privilege of working with some pretty strong leaders over the years - not only within my own department but across the business; While I've proven myself at Sage, I've been afforded great opportunities to further grow and develop my career; Its tough these days to have a good work-life balance but management at Sage has allowed me the flexibility to maintain some balance - I'm a dedicated employee and feel that the loyalty I give to Sage is given back to me.

Cons

Sage has a very matrixed environment. It's sometimes challenging to work in such an environment as it's not for everyone. Sometimes the communication doesn't filter to all of the employees as it should, but I know Sage has taken steps to improve this and expect they'll continue to. Having employees all over US and Canada and often being remote from coworkers proves to be challenging so I hope Sage continues to focus on open and honest communication with employees whenever possible.

Keep sharing the vision and how we're going to get there with employees. Keep reminding us how each of us can play a role in helping Sage achieve what we've set out to do. Keep the flexibility that many leaders offer - encourage the rest of leaders to do the same. In this day and age, workplace flexibility is a must and certainly something that Sage should keep in order to maintain competitive with other employers.

There are newer employer reviews for Sage North America