Saggezza

www.saggezza.com
  www.saggezza.com
There are newer employer reviews for Saggezza

Enjoyable company to work for with

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-The people! The team that I work with is fantastic and we all mesh really well. It creates a great work environment and I enjoy coming to work.
-The work has been challenging and interesting. More often then not I find myself working on a project I enjoy using a new/different technology
-I feel like I am constantly learning and my opinions are asked for and listend to for the projects I am on.
-Upper management feels very approachable. I met all members of the North American management within my first month and have a good relationship with them.
-Very diverse workplace
-Company sponsored softball team
-Company outings are extremely fun and a help create a good workplace environment.
-Great location in downtown Chicago

Cons

-401K match is pretty weak
-Only get paid once a month
-Have to do occasional overtime for no pay, but its not that often or bad.
-Can get put onto a boring/bad project, hasn't happened to me yet.

I really like what you have done in fostering the work environment into a collaborative one. The change to lower cubicles has really helped get to know everyone. The only really complaint would be the benefits could be pumped up. With a poor match, I would rather invest my money outside of the company then inside the 401k.

38 Other Employee Reviews for Saggezza (View Most Recent)

Great company, great people, great place to work.

Current Employee - Associate Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people Saggezza employs are intelligent, creative and very diverse. Some of the best people I have had the pleasure of working with. I have also developed friendships with several fellow employees beyond working hours. This creates a very vibrant and often playful environment at the office. Coming to work is something I am usually looking forward to (sparing the occasional Monday of course).

As a young, up-and-coming company, innovation is standard and the work has always been very interesting. I have only been here for about four months so far and have contributed to several different projects. This diverse range of exposure has allowed me to develop many useful new skill-sets that will help me advance at Saggezza and also add significant value to my resume.

Saggezza is always looking for ways to go the extra mile for employees. Since I have been here we have had a company outing at a Cubs game, I have joined the company sponsored softball team, we regularly have happy hours to unwind and I'm currently competing in a company-wide contest to win a Nexus tablet. I also quickly found myself excited every Friday morning for the famous bagel day in which a plethora of Einstein bagels are provided.

There is no separation between employees and company leadership. I have been out of college for less than one year, so I am not writing this from a corner office (yet). Nevertheless, I had drinks with our CEO when he flew in from California, and our COO and VP of North American operations are a short walk away from my desk and welcome my presence at any time. Your impact is immediately felt and input/advice from company leadership is not uncommon.

Cons

While I see being part of a rapidly growing company as mostly a pro, it does mean that things are changing quickly and you must be ready to adapt. I have not had any negative experiences with this yet but it is something to keep in mind and consider based on your personality.

It may not surprise you considering Saggezza provides technology consulting services, but our softball team didn't win too many games (it is not a coincidence that our number of wins equaled the number of opponents who forfeited).

As Saggezza grows, don't lose touch with even the lowliest of employees. The feeling of connection is something that I know all of us value. Something tells me this will not be an issue, however.

Better to be Jobless

Former Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Saggezza full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I wish there was any.

Cons

Low salary,
    Not competitive environment.
    Poor project,
    Bad management.
    Stupid people.

Pay more, hire good people.

There are newer employer reviews for Saggezza