There are newer employer reviews for Saggezza

Awesome entry level experience

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of opportunity to get real world experience and you get to learn a lot about how software is developed. I really enjoy working at Saggezza and I have a lot of fun developing code that impacts so many projects and people.

Cons

Management is a lot hands of and it doesn't always help when you don't know where you are headed.

Start talking to lower level people

36 Other Employee Reviews for Saggezza (View Most Recent)

A Family with Entrepreneurial Spirit with Belief in their Employees

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Every day I come into Saggezza, I know that my team has my back. It truly is a "we" mentality, and not a lone wolf environment.
    Some of the best aspects of my jobs are:
    -Work with cool technologies that consistently push me to look for what is best for the client, not what is easiest to implement.
    -The ability to have direct line of communication with leadership. If something needs to be changed, all it takes is communication, and Saggezza takes the improvement to heart.
    -Fosters an entrepreneurial attitude - if you think you could make Saggezza a better place and have a solution, they will empower you to make it happen.
    -Cool agency approach without the sacrifice to work/life balance.
    -Nurturing teams that places importance on training and education. If you want to learn a new technology, you are provided with numerous training opportunities (not only virtual - but one-on-one)
    -Competitive Pay and benefits

Cons

-Space - any growing company is going to struggle with space. With that being said - I understand that moving a company or expanding takes lots of effort and it appears like they are moving in the right direction.
    -Website messaging and consistency - love the new design, however I feel like the messaging that sells Saggezza needs to be tightened up. We do a lot of cool things, but I think some of our most powerful work isn't highlighted.

There are a lot of really cool things happening at Saggezza that may not be visible to the entire company. More direct communication (maybe a monthly CEO update) could really help Saggezza employees understand the bigger picture.

A company where I can truly see myself growing professionally...

Current Employee - Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The environment here is full of really positive people. For instance, the Office Manager is always trying to put smiles on everyone's faces whenever possible.
    - Great direct manager who has Trust. No micromanagement here. If someone is producing well, management will let the reins go. For me, that's crucial, especially allowing me to grow more in my role.
    - Training/Certification is available here (if applicable to your role, of course), which is great.
    - C-Level Management really want to get to know everyone and they are all very approachable...something you don't see at most companies. On top of that, they are very intelligent and know this industry well.
    - They really try to bring all business units together with weekly Stand Ups for the entire Chicago Office, which is nice.
    - The office holds happy hours and fun events to increase company moral and culture...it's definitely a plus.
    - The Wellness Committee is also something I think is great. We all need to continue or start to be healthy. It's good to know this company cares about that aspect of life.

Cons

- There have been issues with certain personalities here that don't seem to get addressed, even if multiple people have brought attention to it.
    -Sometimes a bit too quiet in the office, but the OM usually tries to get people to liven up a bit.
    - Travel to the client cannot be expensed if it's not over a certain mileage. It would be nice, especially for those who need to travel consistently.

- If there are issues brought up by multiple people with project staffing, difficult personalities, or employees explicitly lacking skill/accountability, try to address it or show some attempt at a mitigation plan.

There are newer employer reviews for Saggezza

Worked for Saggezza? Contribute to the Community!