Saint Coletta of Greater Washington

No room for growth

Former Employee - Program Assistant  in  Rockville, MD
Former Employee - Program Assistant in Rockville, MD

I worked at Saint Coletta of Greater Washington full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a decent job to start out with, the salary is ok but most people who work at St.coletta have two jobs. The building is new and is well maintained, a lot of young staff and you make a lot of friends.

Cons

Some staff members are mean to the participants and use harsh language around them, employees gossip non stop. The work place is lots of drama

Pay staff more so they feel more inclined to do a better job. Make PCs earn their salaries, direct staff are the people who actually hold this place together.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Saint Coletta of Greater Washington (View Most Recent)

Awful- Many inept people running things and outdated programs for the constituents

I worked at Saint Coletta of Greater Washington full-time for less than a year

Pros

This review regards the work program- good focus on getting clients into the community and helping them interact and learn about the world around them. Clients are treated, for the most part, well.

Cons

This review regards the work program- Those in charge lack knowledge of how to handle clients and how to properly care for them, and their treatment of their employees is deplorable. Assault by the clients is common and the employees are expected to wear a smile and tolerate it. Programs and activities for the clients are largely outdated and do not come near to addressing their potentials, which are often written off. Employees with better training and thrown to the wayside or thrown away.

Utilize your employees to their fullest. Support them when they are being assaulted and don't tolerate bad behavior from either. Put people in charge who know the system and how to best utilize it. Have more faith in the ability of your clients.

U.G.H.

I have been working at Saint Coletta of Greater Washington full-time

Pros

You get to work with amazing participants who brighten your day

Cons

They expect too much for so little pay
    NO support from senior management and there's a clear divide between us and them
    Very catty environment
    You never get praised for a job well done-ever.
    You have to be flexible every second of the day. They change things without even telling you
    You just don't feel as if they want you there

Make us feel like family or that you want us to continue to work for you. Fill us in on changes before you've already settled on changing things. It's a small company, so I feel like that's doable. Also, praise is really important. I don't want to feel like I'm always in trouble.

There are newer employer reviews for Saint Coletta of Greater Washington

Worked for Saint Coletta of Greater Washington? Contribute to the Community!