There are newer employer reviews for Saint Francis Hospital

Sainrt Franis is the job to be

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Saint Francis Hospital

Pros

The benefits and salary package was excellent. Most of my co-workers praise me for a job well done which means alot, because I work very hard.

Cons

The benefits and salary package was awesome. I have a very flexible schedule. The people that I work with are like my second family.

Advice to Management

I believe that everyone need to work better as a team. Pay more attention to what is really important and what theie employers have to say.

reviews filtered by
  1. Saint Francis-the best!

Current Employee - RN in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - RN in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Saint Francis Hospital

Pros

St. Francis tries to be a progressive work environment with attention to how employees are valued and treated; also there is flexibility in hours for nurses. At St. Francis things are kept up and broken things are fixed which is important to me. The process for admissions is streamlined with prefab orders that docs are encouraged to check off rather than writing out a new set of orders for every single patient which contributes to errors including leaving out important information such as diet or activity.

Cons

Poor staffing happens at times although not as much as with other facilities. Full-time nurses who are too young and inexperienced are frequently allowed and even encouraged to be charge nurses when they clearly are not qualified. Some doctors are not respectful of nurses which makes taking care of patients more difficult.

Advice to Management

Strongly advise to continue in efforts to reward employees and show recognition; definitely more education is needed in those allowed to be charge nurses. Respect is a key factor in retaining employees and all nurses need to be educated in this area. Doctors also need education in the area of how to show respect for nursing staff

2. Good work environment

I have been working at Saint Francis Hospital part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment in my area. Company recently start Disney's Signature Series Leadership program (good step forward). I mostly work alone on the weekend but I have worked there over 5 years. I am happy with the leadership over me and the latitude given to me at my job.

Cons

None at this time but my work is limited to a weekend shift and my exposure to the organization is limited.

Advice to Management

Good step with working to change the work environment with the signature series. More accountability by upper management (no scapegoats) and listen to your middle management because they know what is going on with the front lines. If they suggest something, please given it serious attention and weight. They are there to help!