Saint Francis University

www.francis.edu
  www.francis.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Saint Francis University

experience met expectations, which were not high

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loretto, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loretto, PA

I have been working at Saint Francis University

Pros

Beautiful campus
Typically low standards of performance so little pressure
Support in Catholicism

Cons

If you aren't Catholic, you do not fit in
Typically low standards of performance, so you you prefer excellence, you will not fit in
Does not value employees. Deliberately and knowingly pays below median. All employees who are not professors are expected to be at work, on time, even if highways are closed due to blizzards and even if their job doesn't involve the feeding or care of students.
Hypocritical in terms of valuing people and valuing the environment

5 Other Employee Reviews for Saint Francis University (View Most Recent)

A fantastic time working in Torvian Hall

Current Employee - Pizza Chef in Loretto, PA
    Current Employee - Pizza Chef in Loretto, PA

I have been working at Saint Francis University as an intern (more than 3 years)

Pros

My coworkers are a joy to work with. Catering is challenging, but far more interesting than standard food service to the students. Torvian Hall takes pride in their work, never allowing food to run out on the students, even during the last hour of business.

Cons

There is less communication between the managers than I believe there should be. It makes catering events difficult when one manager tells you to set a table and the other wants you to cut a cake. Also, the rest of the school gives less respect to Torvian Hall than they deserve considering how well the students are taken care of.

Communicate with each other more. It will help things go much more smoothly.

I was brought in as an instructor in training. The supervisor had unreasonable expectations,

Former Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Loretto, PA
    Former Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Loretto, PA

I worked at Saint Francis University part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The town is quite beautiful, My neighbors and people who lived in the town were friendly.

Cons

The salary is low, For an office, they cram you into a small 7x6 foot room with another instructor. Low pay high hours.

Perform assessments on department supervisors in order to make sure that they not only have knowledge in their field of study but also supervision and management abilities.

There are newer employer reviews for Saint Francis University