There are newer employer reviews for Saint-Gobain Abrasives

A great place to work with a culture of innovation.

Current Employee - Engineer in Worcester, MA
Current Employee - Engineer in Worcester, MA

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at Saint Gobain Abrasives is that they foster internal talent which provides ample opportunities to move up and take on new challenges. Another reason to work here is that Saint Gobain Abrasives is on the cutting edge of abrasive technology and because of this it is truly the industry leader. Innovation is highly valued within the organizations. The absolute best reason to work for SGA is the other people that work there. Saint Gobain abrasives employs the top talent in the abrasive field. A team is only as strong as it weakest link and working with the industries top talent should appeal to anyone who truly wants to make an impact on Abrasive technology.

Cons

Every employer has downsides to them and Saint Gobain Abrasive is no exception but it is difficult for me to come up with any because I truly enjoy my job and my colleagues. If I had to come up with something, I would say that the biggest downside to Saint Gobain Abrasives is that in many positions world wide travel is the norm. Saint Gobain Abrasives is a world wide organization and many people working in Worcester will have to travel to places such as Germany, India, China and Brazil. I personally despise international travel so I probably consider this a bigger downside than most.

Advice to Management

My advice to management first and foremost is to keep up the good work. I would note that we need to improve our company's web presence and the simplicity of user interface with our websites.

Other Employee Reviews for Saint-Gobain Abrasives

Saint-Gobain in Worcester campus

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Pros

Knowledgable workforce with many office employees with factory experience. It is respectful of its workforce and offers a good work/life balance. Driven by manufacturing and customer engineered solutions.

Cons

Saint-Gobain offers career opportunities that are sometimes filled informally before they are posted. Willingness to close manufacturing sites--this is a business decision but something to keep in mind when working for a smaller facility.

Advice to Management

N/A

OK

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Worcester, MA

Pros

This was a good job to start out with out of school. I had a good manager, but thought that there should be a faster career advancement opportunitiy.

Cons

This is a division that could use some re-birth. I don't think SGA is keeping their products relevant to the larger growth markets.

Advice to Management

More leadership exposure would definately help keep communication flowing within the company and keep employees aware of the corproate climate of the company especially the sales division.