Saint Leo University

www.saintleo.edu
  www.saintleo.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Saint Leo University

Do not practice what they preach.

Former Employee - Administrative in Saint Leo, FL
Former Employee - Administrative in Saint Leo, FL

I worked at Saint Leo University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working to promote education and create a student-centered learning environment has the potential to be rewarding. Pay is decent, and benefits are great.

Cons

Senior leadership are only interested in the bottom line and do not really care what's best for students; they don't listen to concerns and input from staff; very high pressure work environment - everyone fears for their job because people get fired so often and so unexpectedly.

Do something to encourage more trust and better communication up and down the chain of command. Don't just preach the core values. Care more about people than dollars, and be more tolerant of employees' mistakes - it takes time to get good at a job, and no one is perfect.

33 Other Employee Reviews for Saint Leo University (View Most Recent)

Great school

Former Employee - Assistant Academic Advisor in Lake City, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Academic Advisor in Lake City, FL

I worked at Saint Leo University full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pros include Educational benefits, hours, compensation, and student interaction. I was able to attend classes as an employee benefit after about 6 months in the position. Summer hours are hard to beat, 40 hours in 4 days, leaving Fridays open for your needs. Compensation is better than most but when the education benefit is added, the value increases. Interaction with the students makes this job a reason to get up every morning. To be the one to support students to accomplish their goals and dreams is an awesome feeling.

Cons

Meeting expectations of some center directors can be more than challenging making success impossible. The position consisted of advising and recruiting. This is a small center and the advisor is responsible for both advising and recruiting. When trying to meet the directors expectations, the course was consistently changed mid-stream.

Take a closer look at expectations for not only the center as a whole but each individual and ensure to provide the support and tools to increase the likelihood for success of the individual, center, and University.

Horrible to work for as a student

I worked at Saint Leo University

Pros

I only worked part time as a work study support technician. There were not many pros. I will explain in cons.

Cons

I had minimum wage pay, employees did not want to help me accomplish things the right way, they only hired me for a semester, etc.

There are newer employer reviews for Saint Leo University