Saint Luke's Health System

Great place to work

Current Employee - Nurse in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Nurse in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Saint Luke's Health System

Pros

Great benefits, caring company that is employee oriented, and I feel the vaction time offered is better than most places. This is a great health system that has multiple opportunities for advancement throughout all of it's hospitals and facilities. It is without a doubt the best place I have ever worked

Cons

Workload is overwhelming at times. Pay is not quite as good as other facilities, and getting the opportunity to schedule your vacation time is difficult.

Do more for your employees that have been with you for a while. The raises are miniscule and usually the same as what the new people get. Please take that into consideration.

42 Other Employee Reviews for Saint Luke's Health System (View Most Recent)

Overall, a great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Saint Luke's Health System

Pros

Generally a great work environment with solid systems for communicating up the food chain to improve and bring about changes.

Cons

Quality of work life can vary quite a bit between departments and between different facilities. It is a large health system, so it is somewhat to be expected.

The system of educating and building opportunities for growth and promotion could be improved. Although some facilities are organizationally pretty flat, this does not mean that a floor nurse could not have opportunities to expand their skill set and better contribute to the organization.

Poor management!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Saint Luke's Health System

Pros

The experience gave me the perspective I needed to realize what I don't want in an employer. And what I didn't appreciate in my former employers.

Cons

I had never in my life worked in a setting where the nurse managers never wore scrubs and refused to help their nurses on the floor when needed until I worked here. I had never in my life worked in a setting where the nurse managers would throw their employees under the bus in an instant when it might make them look better. Poor management skills. Very poor.

Be more professional. Care more about your employees as human beings. Communicate more. Make the review process more fair and lower the prices in the cafeteria!

There are newer employer reviews for Saint Luke's Health System