Saint Mary's College

www.saintmarys.edu

Overall work experience

ProsSMC does a great job when it comes to work-life balance and benefits. Because it is an educational environment, managers are understanding of the needs of various constituent groups and I have yet to encounter a time where I did not feel like my needs were respected and valued.

ConsThe only downside to SMC is that it is in a small city and is often overshadowed by Notre Dame across the street. It makes it difficult to do your job fully and completely when others compare you to ND which is a much larger institution with more students and resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have truly enjoyed working at Saint Mary's. I think that the leadership does a good job with keeping us informed and being transparent. Just keep doing what we are doing and hold our own course.

Small private liberal arts College

Associate Professor (Current Employee) Notre Dame, IN

I have been working at Saint Mary's College full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Work-life balance for faculty; expectations are reasonable considering the salaries Cons: Very heavily tuition driven. As higher ed becomes more expensive, fewer students are looking to shell out big bucks for a liberal arts… More

Great for students, substandard for staff

I have been working at Saint Mary's College full-time

Pros: - Generous vacation for administrators. Starts at 22 days per year (also remains at 22 days per year regardless of amount of time worked) -… Cons: - Wages substantially below industry standards coupled with lack of raises. Administration claims to have no money in the budget for raises. - Benefit costs… Advice to Senior Management: Look for ways to improve morale among employees. Offer mentoring… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Saint Mary's College.

Worked for Saint Mary's College? Contribute to the Community!