Saks Fifth Avenue
www.saksfifthavenue.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

It has improved from my previous experience (15 years ago).

Marketing Director (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

ProsForward thinking with regard to the use of social media and current electronic communication within the store, with selling teams and customers (ie- new SFAi Pad app, etc). Opportunities for career growth appear to be getting better.

ConsIf not in NYC-opportunities for upward mobility are not as available-visibility is greatly hindered. Smaller stores ar at a disadvantage with not having the top brands available in the store, which makes success more difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication has improved-keep it up. More opportunities for employees and customers in smaller stores.

Disorganization and Poor Communication by Management

Customer Service (Current Employee)
    Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Saks Fifth Avenue

Pros: Great Discounts! As an employee we get very nice percentage… Cons: *Very low pay for the amount of work that is expected out of the employees. *No training provided. As the newly opened store during the holiday… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not a luxury place to work

Demand Planner (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Saks Fifth Avenue

Pros: Salary makes NYC livable without 20 roomates and Raemen noodles.… Cons: Growth not important there. A lot of the buyers, planners, and DMM's are catty. The process is very manual. No guard rails when… Advice to Senior Management: Management needs to focus on growth, sales growth in particular,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Saks Fifth Avenue.

Worked for Saks Fifth Avenue? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Saks Fifth Avenue reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Saks Fifth Avenue CEO Steve Sadove. All reviews posted anonymously by Saks Fifth Avenue employees.