There are newer employer reviews for Saks Fifth Avenue

Sad to see them close the Denver store

Former Employee - Sales  in  Denver, CO
Former Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I worked at Saks Fifth Avenue full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Management open to change, cross selling opportunities, control your own business, CRM software, great discount.

Cons

lagging sales because of economy, limited merchandise selection, store closed due to real estate deal--but property remained unoccupied for over a year

436 Other Employee Reviews for Saks Fifth Avenue (View Most Recent)

WORST WORK EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Saks Fifth Avenue full-time for more than a year

Pros

Discount on designer clothes/handbags was the only perk.

Cons

Ridculous sales expectations, outdated concepts of reaching clients, poor pay, overall worse experience!

I came from a corporate background, was laidoff and came to work at Saks-atlanta. I have never been so micromanaged in my life. The people who left 5 star reviews on this site are either from management or corporate. There is no way you can work here and pay your bills, save money, have a car, or anything else that a normal adult should be able to do.

I have worked for 4 major corporatations thru-out my career, and I have NEVER hated a job. EVER. So im not the unhappy bitter employee by far. I actually have a great work history but as a result of the economy was laid off. Working at saks was a complete nightmare. I would literally have anxiety attacks when thinking about returning to work because thats how much I hated it.

When I was first hired, I actually did very very well as far as sales are concerned, however for the amount of work i had to do to sell, the time, the effort and energy, for that tiny commission was insane. I started to notice that most of the people who worked for saks for longer than a year (or had long-term careers with saks) were women who were 35 and up, have never done anything else other than retail their entire life, and had husbands at home that paid all the bills, so they werent concerned with making quota! LOL

Bottom line is, if you are a single woman, and you want to have a successful, meaningful career, Saks is NOT the place I would recommend. Till this day Saks is the only thing on my resume that I wish I could delete. Heed my advice, RUN FROM THIS COMPANY. No wonder the turn-over is so high.

Get intouch with reality and stop telling your associates things corporate is feeding you. Selling 50k a week, every week is unrealistic no matter how many phone calls you make, mailings you do, people you say "hi" to and all that other bs you tell us. Get real.

Don't Do it

Current Employee - Department Manager  in  Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Troy, MI

I have been working at Saks Fifth Avenue full-time for more than a year

Pros

Name Brands, Visual Merchandising, Support from Vendors, Informative Morning Meetings

Cons

Grumpy customers who can't afford luxury prices so they shop at Saks

GM needs to be more connected to the store team.

There are newer employer reviews for Saks Fifth Avenue

Worked for Saks Fifth Avenue? Contribute to the Community!