There are newer employer reviews for Saks Fifth Avenue

Good experience

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Saks Fifth Avenue full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Generous employee discount, great people to work with, and decent selection of merchandise. Overall great employer. Did I mention that the discount was very generous?

Cons

The pay is simply not enough. You're on a draw vs. commission pay structure. Depending on the location and the size of your personal book, the pay structure can be very lucrative. But if you're simply starting out in a small location like Phoenix, AZ, you're barely going to survive.

Another complaint is the merchandise in the Men's department. It is simply not on par with its competitors.

Advice to Management

Please, pay your employees more. If you want to retain talent, you must be able to compensate that talent. Also, don't stress the employees out about figures. Sometimes customers are simply sick of all the events and sales.

reviews filtered by
  1. I have worked backstage at several Saks shows in the past two years

Former Contractor - Fashion Show Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Contractor - Fashion Show Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Saks Fifth Avenue as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

professional, friendly, great experience, great company

Cons

unpaid, but, much like an internship, provides great experience and networking opportunities

Exceeded my expectations, some customers have become firm friends

Former Employee - Makeup Artist in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Makeup Artist in Austin, TX

I worked at Saks Fifth Avenue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was a Makeup Artist, started off as a Counter Manager, They are very good about giving free lunches so you can attend information lectures on product knowledge. It was fun as well to help customers anywhere in the store, really get to know some client's taste from head to toe. Kept a good Client Registry to invite them back in for special events.

Cons

I had heard that the store was 'CLICKY' but I had worked with women for so long I did not find it that way. If you are a woman reading this you know this we all have our days, and we need to roll with the punches and NOT take it out on our customers.

Advice to Management

I loved the 100% Customer Service Evaluation Award (because chuckle, chuckle, I got one). You get highly praised by Management when you receive it which inspires you to keep trying for excellent customer service because this is basically a secret shopper checking in on you.

There are newer employer reviews for Saks Fifth Avenue