Saks Fifth Avenue
www.saksfifthavenue.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Good experience

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Saks Fifth Avenue full-time for more than a year

ProsGenerous employee discount, great people to work with, and decent selection of merchandise. Overall great employer. Did I mention that the discount was very generous?

ConsThe pay is simply not enough. You're on a draw vs. commission pay structure. Depending on the location and the size of your personal book, the pay structure can be very lucrative. But if you're simply starting out in a small location like Phoenix, AZ, you're barely going to survive.

Another complaint is the merchandise in the Men's department. It is simply not on par with its competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, pay your employees more. If you want to retain talent, you must be able to compensate that talent. Also, don't stress the employees out about figures. Sometimes customers are simply sick of all the events and sales.

I have worked backstage at several Saks shows in the past two years

Fashion Show Assistant (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Saks Fifth Avenue as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: professional, friendly, great experience, great company Cons: unpaid, but, much like an internship, provides great experience and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Exceeded my expectations, some customers have become firm friends

Makeup Artist (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Saks Fifth Avenue full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I was a Makeup Artist, started off as a Counter Manager, They are very good about giving free lunches so you can attend information lectures… Cons: I had heard that the store was 'CLICKY' but I had worked with women for so long I did not find it that way. If… Advice to Senior Management: I loved the 100% Customer Service Evaluation Award (because chuckle, chuckle, I got one). You get highly praised by Management when you receive… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Saks Fifth Avenue.

Worked for Saks Fifth Avenue? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Saks Fifth Avenue reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Saks Fifth Avenue CEO Steve Sadove. All reviews posted anonymously by Saks Fifth Avenue employees.