Saks Fifth Avenue

www.careersatsaks.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Saks Fifth Avenue

I loved working for this company!

I worked at Saks Fifth Avenue full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The management team at the Las Vegas location is fantastic. They were always very helpful and understanding. The New York Jewelry Buying Office rolled out the red carpet at our annual meetings. We always had a great time!

Cons

If only they paid more I would have stayed with the company forever :(.

Give better raises, especially to those employees who are really deserving.

515 Other Employee Reviews for Saks Fifth Avenue (View Most Recent)

sales, mgmt, Visual ,and support

Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Hackensack, NJ
    Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Hackensack, NJ

I have been working at Saks Fifth Avenue full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good name on resume. Everyone knows what it is in fashion industry,, that's about it.
    Better pay in comparison to a Macy's, lord and Taylor, jcpenny
    30% discount, occasional 44%discount
    Stepping stone.

Cons

No brand, no personality, no culture... fighting to make sales but not sure how to generate revenue. Confused on whether they want to be Macy's or a high luxury retailer.

Banking on the name and history of Saks Fifth Ave. not changing with demand and the "new customer"

Not sure who their customer is.

Cutting cost by selling low quality private brand merchandise and pricing at high prices just because they feel they can.

Build a culture. Make your associates want to work there. Not that i am Commissioned based, but commissioned Compensation should not be "the only reason they should want to work for Saks." Get inspired by the culture of Apple inc., Nordstrom's, Jcrew, etc...

Your associates are your front line... They're are the closest to your customer.
    Why is Saks turnover rate for sales associates so high that I can't even learn their names? <how does that build customer loyalty? It's not possible.
     All your sales associates and department managers are unhappy it's hard to work together.

Great place to network

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Saks Fifth Avenue full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, Great place to meet people who can help you in the fashion industry.

Cons

Commission pay and over hiring during the holiday season.

Don't hire so many people during the holidays because the regular associates have been waiting all year for that busy season. We end up making less than we would because of the extra associates who don't care about Saks standards and just want to sell and get out of there after the season is over.

There are newer employer reviews for Saks Fifth Avenue