There are newer employer reviews for Saks Fifth Avenue

I loved working for this company!

I worked at Saks Fifth Avenue full-time for more than a year

Pros

The management team at the Las Vegas location is fantastic. They were always very helpful and understanding. The New York Jewelry Buying Office rolled out the red carpet at our annual meetings. We always had a great time!

Cons

If only they paid more I would have stayed with the company forever :(.

Give better raises, especially to those employees who are really deserving.

432 Other Employee Reviews for Saks Fifth Avenue (View Most Recent)

sales, mgmt, Visual ,and support

Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser  in  Hackensack, NJ
    Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Hackensack, NJ

I have been working at Saks Fifth Avenue full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good name on resume. Everyone knows what it is in fashion industry,, that's about it.
    Better pay in comparison to a Macy's, lord and Taylor, jcpenny
    30% discount, occasional 44%discount
    Stepping stone.

Cons

No brand, no personality, no culture... fighting to make sales but not sure how to generate revenue. Confused on whether they want to be Macy's or a high luxury retailer.

Banking on the name and history of Saks Fifth Ave. not changing with demand and the "new customer"

Not sure who their customer is.

Cutting cost by selling low quality private brand merchandise and pricing at high prices just because they feel they can.

Build a culture. Make your associates want to work there. Not that i am Commissioned based, but commissioned Compensation should not be "the only reason they should want to work for Saks." Get inspired by the culture of Apple inc., Nordstrom's, Jcrew, etc...

Your associates are your front line... They're are the closest to your customer.
    Why is Saks turnover rate for sales associates so high that I can't even learn their names? <how does that build customer loyalty? It's not possible.
     All your sales associates and department managers are unhappy it's hard to work together.

Highly competitive, lots of backstabbing to get ahead

I have been working at Saks Fifth Avenue full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Discount on products, good benefits, will try to move schedule based on personal needs

Cons

You are only a number to SFA and only as good as your last sale. There is selective firing. I know of an employee in cosmetics fired because of low productivity and yet her sales were greater than other people who have seniority and whose productivity lower than hers. Lots of nepotism. They do very well with their online offers and gifts which takes away from store business that cannot compete.

Get in the trenches and get on the floor to see how today's economics have changed the way people shop.

There are newer employer reviews for Saks Fifth Avenue

Worked for Saks Fifth Avenue? Contribute to the Community!