Saks Fifth Avenue

www.careersatsaks.com
  www.careersatsaks.com
There are newer employer reviews for Saks Fifth Avenue

I loved working for this company!

I worked at Saks Fifth Avenue full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The management team at the Las Vegas location is fantastic. They were always very helpful and understanding. The New York Jewelry Buying Office rolled out the red carpet at our annual meetings. We always had a great time!

Cons

If only they paid more I would have stayed with the company forever :(.

Give better raises, especially to those employees who are really deserving.

478 Other Employee Reviews for Saks Fifth Avenue (View Most Recent)

sales, mgmt, Visual ,and support

Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Hackensack, NJ
    Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Hackensack, NJ

I have been working at Saks Fifth Avenue full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good name on resume. Everyone knows what it is in fashion industry,, that's about it.
    Better pay in comparison to a Macy's, lord and Taylor, jcpenny
    30% discount, occasional 44%discount
    Stepping stone.

Cons

No brand, no personality, no culture... fighting to make sales but not sure how to generate revenue. Confused on whether they want to be Macy's or a high luxury retailer.

Banking on the name and history of Saks Fifth Ave. not changing with demand and the "new customer"

Not sure who their customer is.

Cutting cost by selling low quality private brand merchandise and pricing at high prices just because they feel they can.

Build a culture. Make your associates want to work there. Not that i am Commissioned based, but commissioned Compensation should not be "the only reason they should want to work for Saks." Get inspired by the culture of Apple inc., Nordstrom's, Jcrew, etc...

Your associates are your front line... They're are the closest to your customer.
    Why is Saks turnover rate for sales associates so high that I can't even learn their names? <how does that build customer loyalty? It's not possible.
     All your sales associates and department managers are unhappy it's hard to work together.

Not a great work environment.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Saks Fifth Avenue full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The reason the job is appealing is primarily the opportunity to sell high price point items and make a good commission.

Cons

Low employee morale due to regular negative feedback by Saks Corporate, store-wide low sales, poor communication, and draw-on-commission, which lends itself to a cut-throat, high stress and low support environment.

Improve communication between corporate, management, and associates. Develop a stronger company/store identity. Provide more incentive for teamwork between associates rather than 100% brutal competition, or customer service suffers.

There are newer employer reviews for Saks Fifth Avenue