Saks Fifth Avenue
www.saksfifthavenue.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Intern at Saks Fifth Avenue

Graduate Intern (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Saks Fifth Avenue as an intern for less than a year

ProsIt was very well rounded. I met with people from multiple departments that worked with my supervisor. Everyone was open and shared as much information as they sought after.

ConsDuring more than one round, the people I was scheduled to interview with had changed. Furthermore, it was a bit dragged out, considering the position.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince it was a bit dragged out anyways, ensure the people that are interviewing have a very free/flexible day. Rather than dragging out the number of rounds, drag out the timing.

A company that is very biased

Cosmetics Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Saks Fifth Avenue full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The pay is very good compared to most retail chains. The working… Cons: They hire managers based on personality and not qualifications. The majority of sales associates are usually more qualified than the managers. They will… Advice to Senior Management: Hire more qualified managers and promote from within. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It has it's pros and cons

Merchandiser (Current Employee)
Grapevine, TX

I have been working at Saks Fifth Avenue part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: They work well with your personal schedule, great discount, and… Cons: Hours fluctuate too much, pay is not great, lack of communication… Advice to Senior Management: Please be aware of what goes on out on the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Saks Fifth Avenue.

Worked for Saks Fifth Avenue? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Saks Fifth Avenue reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Saks Fifth Avenue CEO Steve Sadove. All reviews posted anonymously by Saks Fifth Avenue employees.