Saks Fifth Avenue
www.saksfifthavenue.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Enjoyable

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Saks Fifth Avenue part-time for less than a year

ProsGreat team effort to really drive towards weekly sales goals. Good rapport among the various departments and generally friendly and helpful coworkers if you ever had a question with how to best sell a product or if you are ever unsure about the product. Everyone wants success for each other.

ConsBesides commission, it was often difficult to find motivation to really exceed and excel unless you are very self-motivated and truly care deeply about meeting department weekly sales goals. Sometimes wished there was more intentional recognition to sales reps if they did very well for the week by contributing a big percentage towards weekly sales goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo be more active in ensuring team rapport, since I'm not sure if my personal team experience was the rule or exception for the company. Didn't really seem like it was an objective for management to support team building, we just all kind of got along together very well naturally.

mmmh

I have been working at Saks Fifth Avenue part-time

Pros: Co workers were really nice. Discount was pretty nice (30% off… Cons: Negative energy. Rude customers MORE! cards More

This is high-end retail?

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Saks Fifth Avenue part-time for more than a year

Pros: Good discounts, if you don't mind spending all of your… Cons: Poor management because they delegate too much responsibility to one person. Basically they hire you to be a telemarketer, because "people aren't just walking into… Advice to Senior Management: I understand this is a big company but Saks is supposed to be a classic high-end retailer, you need to focus on the roots… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Saks Fifth Avenue.

Worked for Saks Fifth Avenue? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Saks Fifth Avenue reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Saks Fifth Avenue CEO Steve Sadove. All reviews posted anonymously by Saks Fifth Avenue employees.