Saks Fifth Avenue

www.careersatsaks.com

Enjoyable

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Houston, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

Pros

Great team effort to really drive towards weekly sales goals. Good rapport among the various departments and generally friendly and helpful coworkers if you ever had a question with how to best sell a product or if you are ever unsure about the product. Everyone wants success for each other.

Cons

Besides commission, it was often difficult to find motivation to really exceed and excel unless you are very self-motivated and truly care deeply about meeting department weekly sales goals. Sometimes wished there was more intentional recognition to sales reps if they did very well for the week by contributing a big percentage towards weekly sales goals.

To be more active in ensuring team rapport, since I'm not sure if my personal team experience was the rule or exception for the company. Didn't really seem like it was an objective for management to support team building, we just all kind of got along together very well naturally.

Other reviews for Saks Fifth Avenue

mmmh

Pros

Co workers were really nice.
    Discount was pretty nice (30% off on top of store discount)

Cons

Negative energy.
    Rude customers
    MORE! cards

This is high-end retail?

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

Good discounts, if you don't mind spending all of your paychecks there.
    Surrounded by high-end merchandise. Product knowledge available.

Cons

Poor management because they delegate too much responsibility to one person. Basically they hire you to be a telemarketer, because "people aren't just walking into stores anymore." So even if you don't have a real clientele book, they will pull up people for you to call so you can tell them about events. It's embarrassing and ridiculous. It's the marketing department's job to get people in the stores and shopping, not mine. Co-workers are catty because of the commission vs. draw pay system & the constant harassment of your numbers. Executives make empty promises about growth. All of management and executives barely take the time out of their day's to say hi to you or even have any sort of relationship with you. Definitely awar of the favoritism. Stock rooms are a disaster, so unorganized it gives me anxiety. And no one knows who is responsible for anything. The POS systems are terrible and always crash. Working in a low volume department, we would always be super short staffed. Many of my co-workers were lazy and incompetent.

I understand this is a big company but Saks is supposed to be a classic high-end retailer, you need to focus on the roots of your company-- which means your bottom feeder sales associates. We are people, not numbers. And we are the everyday faces of your company.

There are newer employer reviews for Saks Fifth Avenue.

Worked for Saks Fifth Avenue? Contribute to the Community!