Salal Credit Union

salalcu.org
  salalcu.org
There are newer employer reviews for Salal Credit Union

Great family-like environment and place to learn.

Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at Salal Credit Union as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I learned so much valuable experience and worked with amazing,kind people. I was given the freedom to utilize my own skills as well as the opportunity to build upon new skills and accept challenging assignments. Salal is a great place to work for and from personal experience, you really get to know your department on a more personal level which just adds to the overall great work environment. I was also very satisfied with the internship pay, they offered way more than I was initially expecting.

Cons

The only thing I can really think of is that the commute was long for me. However, Salal offers subsidized ORCA card which definitely made my commute easier.

Continue allowing departments to hire interns! This is a great organization to work for.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Salal Credit Union (View Most Recent)

Good employees, horrible management

I have been working at Salal Credit Union

Pros

Committed, hardworking and friendly employees

Cons

Senior managers are experts at assigning blame to underlings while shifting any responsibility away from themselves. People are constantly scapegoated and fired by management. There is a ridiculously high turnover rate. At the same time the company expresses its commitment to "core values" of treating employees well, which is a joke, since you are completely dispensable if you make the slightest mistake.

This company is going to implode under the stupidity of its management. Besides that, a large bulk of their income is from mortgage refinances. That is declining with rising interest rates, and they will have a high risk of layoffs or being acquired by another credit union.

Don't work here!!

Stop scapegoating and blaming. Live up to the values you say you believe in.

An OK company, Poor management

I worked at Salal Credit Union full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, starting salary fair

Cons

Lots of pressure to sell, sell or lose your job. Unless you have a supportive manager, no room to advance even if you have great reviews and meet goals.

Support your branch staff, know and understand what is going on..Listen to concerns and help make changes.

There are newer employer reviews for Salal Credit Union