Salem Communications
www.salem.cc Camarillo, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

potential employees beware

Sales (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

Prosradio is a niche industry, enough experience can be used as good leverage in the long run, if not make a good career for yourself.. but it's a lot of politics.

Consthe management. they dont know how to manage the staff and the business in general. for a "christian radio company" they have a lot of upper-management employees who are good at belittlling others, they would twist the truth to their advantage, and would make quick decisions without considering all sides first. upper management can also be racist without them knowing.

Advice to Senior Managementget your heads out of your asses and see the bigger picture!

Good experience and job.... not a good place to stay... for me.

Network Administrator (Current Employee)
    Clackamas, OR

I have been working at Salem Communications

Pros: A lot of GOOD people with good attitudes. I really did enjoy the people and the position I had there. Very nice office and… Cons: Radio industry is very frugal with salaries. Corporate people were a pain to get money out of for necessary purchases. The GM is too nice… Advice to Senior Management: GM-PDX... You are a great guy but get a little tougher with your higher ups… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Stay away from Salem

Programming (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Salem Communications

Pros: Very friendly people to work with on a local level. Cons: The company has a religious and political philosophy that prohibits them… Advice to Senior Management: Allow your market heads to have more control and stop… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Salem Communications.

Worked for Salem Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Salem Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Salem Communications CEO Edward G. Atsinger III. All reviews posted anonymously by Salem Communications employees.