Publicly traded Christian Company

I have been working at Salem Communications full-time

Pros

A lot of nice people. This isn't quite the place for cutthroat sharks if you're looking for a caring environment. (Maybe there are some sharks, but most if any don't stay long)

Cons

Time off, compensation aren't big. There is definitely a struggle to balance "Christian" with "Publicly traded". "Publicly traded" wins more often, especially if your back is against the wall trying to make budget month after month.

Try to foster long term company growth opportunities. Throwing out crazy ideas to save the month's budget isn't sustainable.

Other Reviews for Salem Communications

Salary too low to keep good people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Camarillo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

I have been working at Salem Communications full-time

Pros

Love the people and the platform the company runs on

Cons

Salary too low, Time off policy needs to be revamped. Takes too long to accrue 2 weeks and then it's frowned upon if you want to take 2 weeks together.

Instead of the executives taking the huge bonuses each year, they should take the bonus money and spread it over their individual departments to give their employees more than a 2% increase per year, or at least reward their top performers with more than 2%. $20 per paycheck increase is just not enough to keep up with the rising costs of everything. I would image there is more money spent in the recruiting process of new employees to replace the good ones leaving for more money and better benefits, than to give the current employees a better raise each year.

Gained extensive experience in sales, marketing, and HR while serving as an intern.

Current Employee - Marketing Intern  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Salem Communications as an intern for less than a year

Pros

- Received excellent training during those 5 months
    - Even though I was "just the intern", they treated me like I was part of their team

Cons

- Going in to work each day knowing that I wasn't getting paid
    - Lack of communication between various departments

Clear communication is key, and make organizing your various departments a priority. Start with the promotions inventory closet...

There are newer employer reviews for Salem Communications.

Worked for Salem Communications? Contribute to the Community!