There are newer employer reviews for Salem Communications

Publicly traded Christian Company

I have been working at Salem Communications full-time

Pros

A lot of nice people. This isn't quite the place for cutthroat sharks if you're looking for a caring environment. (Maybe there are some sharks, but most if any don't stay long)

Cons

Time off, compensation aren't big. There is definitely a struggle to balance "Christian" with "Publicly traded". "Publicly traded" wins more often, especially if your back is against the wall trying to make budget month after month.

Try to foster long term company growth opportunities. Throwing out crazy ideas to save the month's budget isn't sustainable.

149 Other Employee Reviews for Salem Communications (View Most Recent)

Gained extensive experience in sales, marketing, and HR while serving as an intern.

Current Employee - Marketing Intern  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Salem Communications as an intern for less than a year

Pros

- Received excellent training during those 5 months
    - Even though I was "just the intern", they treated me like I was part of their team

Cons

- Going in to work each day knowing that I wasn't getting paid
    - Lack of communication between various departments

Clear communication is key, and make organizing your various departments a priority. Start with the promotions inventory closet...

Good Experience

I worked at Salem Communications full-time

Pros

In general, the people are mission-minded and have a strong appreciation for each other. There are multiple events for the community and a desire to serve clients in the best way possible.

Cons

Publicly traded company working in the faith-based arena can present challenges, but overall Salem balances things about as well as it can be done.

There are newer employer reviews for Salem Communications

Worked for Salem Communications? Contribute to the Community!