Salesforce

www.salesforce.com
There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce

Such much promise - Hope we don't get in our own way.

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce

Pros

SFDC provides a really fun and dynamic work environment. The core product is fanatastic and the company's vision is incredibly promising. There's a strong sense that employees are part of history in the making - you can definitely feel this vibe when walking the halls. Little doubt "SFDC" will be synonymous for changing the enterprise software paradigm and planting SaaS in the main stream business world. Pretty cool stuff.

Cons

There is an excessive amount of disorganization and politics. Every day is another marketing event fire drill - merely a result of CEO who is a master marketer for better or worse. Learning to navigate the organization requires a long ramp time.

Bring in more seasoned executives with Fortune 500 experience. Put an ESPP program in place. Triple investment in product development and get more aggressive on the acquisition front.

1122 Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce (View Most Recent)

Working at Salesforce.com is like playing on the all-star team.

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce

Pros

Salesforce.com is a dynamic environment with some very smart people -- when I first joined I termed it the all-star team. It's no joke. The product at Salesforce is really good -- sometimes it sells itself -- and it's very well thought through and architected. I've worked at a number of other software companies and I've never seen anything like it. Career advancement opportunities are everywhere. Although it's a fairly big company now, it's definitely possible to identify opportunities and take them, even from the very bottom rung of the latter, and management actively encourages it. The executives are also top-notch and generally very accessible. These are the people I want to learn from. They know what they're doing.

Cons

The hours are definitely long, no doubt about that. There are never enough people on board to do all the work necessary. There's always a certain amount of chaos. Salesforce definitely exhibits some qualities usually reserved for startups in that regard -- every day is challenging, but it sure makes going to work fun.

Keep on keepin' on.

Great place to work if you fit the culture

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce

Pros

Working for salesforce.com means you are participating the build-out of the next wave of computing. The product is startling in its capability, quality, technology and elegance. The culture is young, dynamic, can-do and constantly on the move - very innovative and always looking for the next place in the market to be. It's energizing. The location of the offices, in downtown San Francisco, make it a great place to work (contrast with the usual Silicon Valley bunker-like low-rise in an industrial park). I had highly flexible working arrangements (work from home, flexible hours) but I know that is not available to everybody.

Cons

A very young, aggressive, smart and energized workforce has its downside: intense politics. If you are not in the right place or plugged in with the right crowd, it's hard to get ahead. Socializing after work is important, and if you are not into that or can't because of a long commute, then you can't network. You may just end up left on the sidelines.

Keep on doing what you are doing - your stock price reflects your success.

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce