There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce

Things are a changing...

Current Employee - Principal Sales Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Principal Sales Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great salary package and benefits. Finally a ESPP 8 years after going public. Good 1st and 2nd level managers. The best product out there! Fast moving and on the leading edge.

Cons

Company has changed in the last 18 months. Upper management is out of touch. Each month end is like a "quarter end". Company has grown very fast and the infrastructure is not where it should be to support the growth, making it difficult at times to get the proper resources and support to do your job at the highest level. The tone of management has changed from a entrepreneurial do anything feel, to a restrictive and cold Oracle feel.

Advice to Management

You need to decide - do you want to be a transaction based company with a monthly quota, or a true enterprise company focusing on the big deals. It's hard to catch the big fish if you are busy each month trying to also catch a few small and medium sized fish. An ELA, by it's nature, does not typically close in 3-6 months - or for that matter in 3-9 months. They typically take 9-18 months.

I have referred a number of people, and many have been hired. However, with the current gap created by requiring monthly numbers, yet also making the big ELA a focus, I can no longer recommend the company at this time. In fact, I have warned a number of people who reached out to me via LinkedIn about this gap.

reviews filtered by

The best work of my career - with the best teams of my career

Current Employee - Lead Interaction Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Interaction Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People - Its all about collaboration and teamwork. Opportunities - You are in full control of your career and can move and grow as you desire.

Cons

Rapid growth can lead to some on-boarding frustrations. However, this is a very minor con.

2. Great sales environment, must be prepared for transparency and frequent territory / account reviews.

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at Salesforce full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Sales culture, hipsters, great product, happy customers, company uses the app in all aspects of the business, work on on your smartphone, ipad, or PC and be productive

Cons

Frequent territory and account shifts, execs assume all prospects "get" the cloud, too many new products and features in beta or pilot

Advice to Management

Focus on improving the core product and integrating all of the products together. Spending too much time trying to port Facebook features for the enterprise.

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce