Salesforce

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce

Things are a changing...

Current Employee - Principal Sales Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Principal Sales Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great salary package and benefits. Finally a ESPP 8 years after going public. Good 1st and 2nd level managers. The best product out there! Fast moving and on the leading edge.

Cons

Company has changed in the last 18 months. Upper management is out of touch. Each month end is like a "quarter end". Company has grown very fast and the infrastructure is not where it should be to support the growth, making it difficult at times to get the proper resources and support to do your job at the highest level. The tone of management has changed from a entrepreneurial do anything feel, to a restrictive and cold Oracle feel.

You need to decide - do you want to be a transaction based company with a monthly quota, or a true enterprise company focusing on the big deals. It's hard to catch the big fish if you are busy each month trying to also catch a few small and medium sized fish. An ELA, by it's nature, does not typically close in 3-6 months - or for that matter in 3-9 months. They typically take 9-18 months.

I have referred a number of people, and many have been hired. However, with the current gap created by requiring monthly numbers, yet also making the big ELA a focus, I can no longer recommend the company at this time. In fact, I have warned a number of people who reached out to me via LinkedIn about this gap.

1083 Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce (View Most Recent)

Great sales environment, must be prepared for transparency and frequent territory / account reviews.

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at Salesforce full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Sales culture, hipsters, great product, happy customers, company uses the app in all aspects of the business, work on on your smartphone, ipad, or PC and be productive

Cons

Frequent territory and account shifts, execs assume all prospects "get" the cloud, too many new products and features in beta or pilot

Focus on improving the core product and integrating all of the products together. Spending too much time trying to port Facebook features for the enterprise.

FUN place to work

Current Employee - Support Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Support Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Dreamforce!
    Culture at salesforce.com is really laid back
    Freedom to move around & learn new things

Cons

None as of the few months I've been here

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce