Marketing Cloud

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Innovative and exciting place to work

Cons

Still experiencing some growing pains

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Interesting and educational.

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salesforce has been rated several times as one of the best companies to work for. Salesforce has also won the award for most innovative company for two years in a row. The CEO, Marc Benioff, is incredible. "He pioneered the 1/1/1 Integrated Philanthropic model, by which companies contribute 1 percent of profits, 1 percent of equity, and 1 percent of employee hours back to the communities it serves." (cited from Wikipedia) He is one of the most powerful yet kind hearted men I know of. The products are incredible. They work and really transform how people do business. Besides that they are fun, easy to use and pretty much everything else Salesforce claims them to be. It is refreshing to be part of a company who makes such products.

Cons

The work environment, depending on your location. Headquarters, in San Francisco, is the example for the company and I can't believe any one would not want to work there. Unfortunately, other locations do not share the same culture. At times, you can feel like you work for 2 (or more) different companies. Politics can also get in the way of what should be important. While Salesforce has some incredibly talented people, I was always amazed at how things other than talent seemed to be how people got ahead in their careers. Politics are played heavily, although I think it is unnecessary. I would have expected such at a smaller company or one with less aptitude.

Advice to Management

Make sure the culture promoted by the CEO, Marc Benioff, is carried down to all parts of the company.

Growing too fast to maintain the quality in the field organization.

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salesforce.com has some very good technology. They also seem to have some good dynamic leadership at the top. They have built a very strong following.

Cons

I had nearly 100% turnover on my team in the first year. Some people just walked out without another job. A couple just lasted a few months. There are some very arrogant, demanding people working in the field sales organization. Territories are shrinking quickly. Backstabbing is the norm for many people. Obviously there are some very good people there, but the bad apples spoil the entire bunch.

Advice to Management

Take action on the troubles in the field and don't ignore the bad apples. I know for a fact that VPs knew about some really bad managers, but just ignored them, letting many good people walk out the door.