There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce

Marketing Cloud

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Innovative and exciting place to work

Cons

Still experiencing some growing pains

reviews filtered by

Interesting and educational.

I worked at Salesforce full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salesforce has been rated several times as one of the best companies to work for. Salesforce has also won the award for most innovative company for two years in a row. The CEO, Marc Benioff, is incredible. "He pioneered the 1/1/1 Integrated Philanthropic model, by which companies contribute 1 percent of profits, 1 percent of equity, and 1 percent of employee hours back to the communities it serves." (cited from Wikipedia) He is one of the most powerful yet kind hearted men I know of. The products are incredible. They work and really transform how people do business. Besides that they are fun, easy to use and pretty much everything else Salesforce claims them to be. It is refreshing to be part of a company who makes such products.

Cons

The work environment, depending on your location. Headquarters, in San Francisco, is the example for the company and I can't believe any one would not want to work there. Unfortunately, other locations do not share the same culture. At times, you can feel like you work for 2 (or more) different companies. Politics can also get in the way of what should be important. While Salesforce has some incredibly talented people, I was always amazed at how things other than talent seemed to be how people got ahead in their careers. Politics are played heavily, although I think it is unnecessary. I would have expected such at a smaller company or one with less aptitude.

Make sure the culture promoted by the CEO, Marc Benioff, is carried down to all parts of the company.

2. Politics creates a difficult work environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Salesforce full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Busy environment
    Great team
    Great foundation work

Cons

HR is obliged to support both the business and the employees of the company however they will always back the business which results in innocent employees being treated quite harshly
    focused on revenue not people

Look at the bigger picture - don’t have such tunnel vision

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce