There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce

Salesforce.com is a very good company for Sales personnel

Current Employee - Sales Support Engineer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
Current Employee - Sales Support Engineer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- good working environment - great collaboration - good career opportunities - amazing reference

Cons

- too much focus on Sales - too much delay on payroll related issues

Advice to Management

On first sight you'd think team work and collaboration is a big part of Salesforce.com and everyone contributes to the greater good and the growth of the company but if you look closer you see huge differences in how different departments are treated. For example Account Executives not only get better paid they also get free lunches, can win paid travels in contests and so forth. In my opinion there should be more and equally as rewarding incentives for other departments who help the growth of the company in their way.

Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce

1. Best company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Constantly evolving and changing company that isn't satisfied with status quo

Cons

High pressure to perform with monthly attainment goals and not quarterly or yearly.

Advice to Management

Continue to treat your sales people like you do now; as valuable assets and not like numbers on a document like other companies do.

2. Awesome Opportunities!

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Scope of career possibilities is amazing -Employee benefits are above and beyond what I had hoped for -Career Development opportunities are regularly offered with open discussions invited. -Social company culture -Pay rates are generally well above the average -Being a cloud company, we have the opportunity to literally work from anywhere in the world! (I know cause I've done it!) -Individual contributions and ideas are invited, shared, discussed and respected. One idea really can bring change with our very democratic process with sharing and collaborating on ideas and concepts.

Cons

People are people, and unfortunately not all people managers should be. That happens at all companies though.

Advice to Management

Offer job sharing? Some people would love to maintain their positions/job at the company, but also have personal influences in their lives that require more time than they can give due to working full time hours. It's a big struggle to make the decision to leave such a great rewarding job, but sometimes sacrifices are necessary.