Nice place to work

Current Employee - Unix Systems Administrator in Herndon, VA
Current Employee - Unix Systems Administrator in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

environment, technology, coworkers, free drinks

Cons

none yet, so far so good

Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce

The money making boat has sailed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have a great location at One Market St. across from the Ferry Building. Most people are getting moved to 50 Fremont though which is not as nice. There is an ESPP program that can be very rewarding depending on when you got in, and the facilities themselves are nice. Great collaboration with internal utilization of "Chatter"

Cons

While at SFDC I joined just in time to get RSUs, however, I cashed it all out when it hit $150+ and there really isn't money to be made via stock anymore. At my level they didn't do any refreshes of stock, so once you get it, that's it. At higher levels (SVP+) you could make some money, but it's like that at every other tech company in the valley. I don't have much faith in their product growth either. They have penetrated most of the market and there aren't many new logos coming down the pipeline. Most sales are with existing customers with newly acquired products. Speaking of acquisitions, the M&A strategy of buying everything in sight doesn't seem to be working that well, especially with the new senior convertible notes they are issuing. It is difficult to understand what the product roadmap is going to be like if they keep acquiring random products. Maybe Marc has some tricks up his sleeve, but it's not very clear right now. I agree with some prior comments about having to conform. When I joined several years ago, it was easy to speak your mind and get things changed, but nowadays it's all about conformity and agreeing with people. The performance process is not that good either. They go through a V2MOM process (you can find out more on the web about it) and it literally takes me an entire day to fill it out. They have changed things a bit with "Work.com," but it's just that, work. IT Helpdesk is also not very good in my opinion. There is no walk-up station to get things fixed, you have to call a phone number or open a ticket, then wait until an analyst gets back to you. My first week took a couple dozen helpdesk tickets to get up to speed. There was one day my computer was on the fritz and it took literally an entire workday to get it resolved because there was no walk up station.

2. Just Another Big Company

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive, Mid-Market in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive, Mid-Market in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great, including matching 401K, ESPP, gym membership. The products are solid, reliable, stable, full-featured. A good working environment overall-coworkers are bright, driven, friendly and competitive without being duplicitous.

Cons

Base salary is lower than competitors, company has become extremely political and rule-bound. Very little room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Now that the opportunity for upside has been greatly reduced, raise the base salary.