Salesforce

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce

Great Company

Current Employee - Finance Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Finance Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Transparent culture, dynamic work environment (we're always acquiring new companies and strategies are always evolving), benefits are great (VTO, generous PTO especially after you've been with the company more than a few years, etc.), bright co-workers that work hard, great location in SF

Cons

I've been with the Company for more than 5 years. The Company is more focused on the bottom-line than when I started (less extravagant holiday parties, fewer offsites, etc.) but maybe it's too be expected as we mature.

1083 Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce (View Most Recent)

Competitive, fast paced, struggling to scale internally

Current Employee - Principal Member of Technical Staff, Quality Engineering in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work culture here is great, they have amazing benefits (some of them more fringe such as paid volunteer time, donation matching and champion grants) and offer very good compensation. They value work/life balance and they do their best to avoid pointing fingers when things go wrong; they just want to get it right.

Cons

Struggling with some outdated architecture and suffering through growing pains. Not necessarily a bad thing but it makes day to day work frustrating. They also don't support bring your own device and are in fact going the opposite direction, which seems short sighted.

A top down culture in which a minimum effort job is what's expected.

Current Employee - Lead Network Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Network Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Salesforce is dynamic and well respected with regards to products.

Cons

Certain organizations project manage efforts to the point of being unachievable. The pressure to iterate and deliver "value" in an artificially short timespan is high, but no accountability exists to prove that value nor secure you the support from others to succeed. Priorities change weekly and multimillion dollar efforts left unfinished, all with a disregard for the customer but a focus on the holy grail of the project wall. No effort to design real solutions are successful, and only quickest and fastest out the door options are selected. The concept of test and staging are foreign concepts for infastructure projects and the infrastructure ops management is both inexperienced and unfocused.

I have never worked anywhere with a distrusting, political, and demeaning culture that created process to ensure the employee can't succeed and committed so rabidly to failure. . When you tell them you expect the individual contributor to drive the innovation - mean it.

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce