Salesforce

www.salesforce.com
  www.salesforce.com
There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce

Great Culture!

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

Culture, Benefits. This really is a great place to work. Very competitive as well. Overall I would recommend this to friends!

Cons

Fast-Paced, Easy to get lost in the mix

1055 Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce (View Most Recent)

Internal transfers are impossible; salaries can be low and politics plague the company.

I worked at Salesforce full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The facilities budget is apparently huge. They have some of the most expensive real estate and they definitely didn't skimp on interior design. "Cool" company to work for, being in San Francisco and all. Their bread and butter product (salesforce automation) doesn't seem to be dying down anytime soon.

Cons

After three years here I had wanted to transfer to another department. I applied, and before it hit the hiring manager's mailbox, it hit my manager's mailbox first. How does that make any sense? The form I filled out said I would not have to contact my manager unless I was seriously being considered for the position. After my manager found out, he did whatever he could to make my job difficult and I eventually left on my own terms.

Salaries are OK if you can get your manager to vouch for you. Many times folks are lowballed and get stuck at lower salaries for their level and they don't even know it. Happened to me and it happened to a few people I knew. It can be easy to negotiate upwards in these cases as long as you can show strong performance and navigate the company politically. As long as your directors are your best friends you will make great money.

Promotions on the other hand are another beast. Some people I knew got promoted for no reason (other than being an SVP's best friend). As a high performer, it makes it very difficult because you work hard only to have other people get promoted because they can talk better than you, or go to more happy hours than you.

You have a great product and smart people; reward those that work hard instead of promoting those that can just talk their way upwards. Losing the best workers will hurt you in the long run.

LMTS QE at Salesforce

Current Employee - LTMS in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - LTMS in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

the job is challenging,exciting and innovating
    Management is transparent..

Cons

Work life balance is not very good around release cycle

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce