Web Veteran Thinks Salesforce is the Ideal Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce

Pros

Salesforce is a decidedly non-political environment where people work together to solve problems regardless of rank. The company defines the Software as a Service space and continues to innovate with the recent introductions of Platform as a Service, Salesforce Ideas and Google App integration to name just a few. There are lots of exciting things to work on here. Salesforce is also committed to philanthropy and not only encourages, but helps facilitate the donation of up to 1% of each of its employee's time to the causes they care about.

Cons

The company is committed to regularly delivering products that are of high quality and delivered on time. That means that the pace and volume of work is significant. This is not a great place to work if you are just looking to put in your time. That said, the company accommodates flexible schedules and really does care about work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Senior management has thus far been able to deliver on the big promises it makes to its employees, its customers and Wall Street. As long as that continues to be true, I'm happy.

reviews filtered by

Great place to be.

Current Employee - Lead Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce

Pros

The team at SFDC is very strong in the technology group, and not too big. The product we're building is great, and has great potential if we're successful.

Cons

Because of the relatively small team, there's a lot for everyone to do, and that leads to long hours. This is better than having a lot of people, though, since you will end up with more mediocre staff dragging the talented people down.

Advice to Management

Keep the train on the tracks, and maybe go home a little earlier on average guys!

2. Great place to work

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce

Pros

Great culture, it's a very young/energetic company that is constantly growing/changing. The products have consistently been #1 in the market. We have been the industry leader for 8 years. They have been vigilant about hiring highly qualified employees who are also outgoing and fun to work with. They have spent the money to keep our headquarters in downtown San Francisco.

Cons

There are some things that happen when you grow too quickly, some structure has been lacking but at least it is always acknowledged and worked on. For example, it took them a while to fine tune some the HR applications that we use internally.

Advice to Management

Be as concerned with employee success as you are with customer success.