Salesforce

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce

fast, interesting, unique, exciting

Former Employee - Director of Sales Recruiting in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Director of Sales Recruiting in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce full-time (more than a year)

Pros

great people. great benefits. great value proposition, financially stable

Cons

company politics. some of the people only care about themselves and their own agendas and are prone to gossip

promote from within

1161 Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce (View Most Recent)

Great Company, Great Product

I worked at Salesforce full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

At Salesforce.com I worked with some of the smartest, hardest working people. The culture was extremely entrepreneurial and the product was always evolving and our customers loved us!

Cons

Major growing pains. Levels of management were added without promoting from within. The only constant at Salesforce.com was change and sometimes without a purpose.

Look for top talent within and leverage that talent. Bringing in leaders without promoting from within will change the culture and that would be a shame as I believe the culture is what sets this company apart from other large tech companies. Watch out for the Oracle bus being backed up!

#dreamjob?? Maybe for some.

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Salesforce is great company to work for if you fall into one of these two buckets:

1) A few years removed from college and you're looking to cut your teeth in software sales.

2) You have been working for SFDC for 5+ years.

Cons

If you're an accomplished sales rep at another company and looking for a move, here are some things to note about SFDC. These apply if you're looking for an ESB, SMB, MM or Commercial Account Executive role at SFDC:

1) Base salary is about 20-30% lower than most companies

2) They will tell you that on target earnings (OTE) are attainable if you "create your own success." Translation: We expect "butts-in-seats" by 7 AM, and cold calls / BASHO emails being sent all day.

3) Less than 2% of all new AE's reps hit OTE in their first two years (basically, expect to make a base salary). Ask this question during your interview.

3) Your every move is monitored through a dashboard, and people with the most cold calls, call connects, meetings scheduled, etc. win small SPIFFs (Think "Boiler Room")

You are losing good people, so time to start acting like a big company.

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce