Salesforce

www.salesforce.com
  www.salesforce.com
There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce

A company and culture at crossroads

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive salary, good benefits; good stock value growth. Good networking opportunities for entrepreneurs

Cons

Backstabbing, unnecessarily agressive culture; horribly inept middle management. Rapid hiring without adequate training have left many people working on unnecessary and unproductive projects

Require training for middle managers to teach them how to work with, enable and promote the development of their reports; tie managers success to their reports success. Make requirements for advancement transparent and applicable to all employees.

1083 Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce (View Most Recent)

No work/life balance, cog in the machine, poor management, but you meet some great people

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Formalized trainings, you're surrounded by some brilliant minds. Lot's of cool events.

Cons

Growing the army was such a concern they often hired the wrong types for management. I loved my peers but managers seemed under qualified.

Realize you have some great talent under you and you're paying 25% less than most sales jobs that aren't relying on a sexy brand as a concession for salary.

ESB - Sr. AE

Former Employee - ESB in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - ESB in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free food and drinks

People were very nice there - but many felt trapped and were clamoring to find better alternatives

Cons

Everything else. Want to truly not be inspired - work at Salesforce.com

They will promise you the stars at the ESB role - but I left feeling betrayed by their pitch. I cam from a highly successful startup that was acquired and spent 7 months of my life at SFDC trying to convince myself I would like it eventually. Never happened.

Actually if you enjoy big corporate culture where not much is done and you get an 'ok' paycheck - while waiting for a chance to climb the later and make a decent paycheck in a few years it's a good fit.

However it is far from a fast moving company - I found most AE's there working side jobs in the conference rooms as the job really does not inspire much.

None - I do not blame management for not changing course - alot of them were there early and benefit from a culture that forcefully makes employees drink ridicules Kool-Aid. Dream job, Ha!

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce