Salesforce

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce

ESB - Sr. AE

Former Employee - ESB in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - ESB in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free food and drinks

People were very nice there - but many felt trapped and were clamoring to find better alternatives

Cons

Everything else. Want to truly not be inspired - work at Salesforce.com

They will promise you the stars at the ESB role - but I left feeling betrayed by their pitch. I cam from a highly successful startup that was acquired and spent 7 months of my life at SFDC trying to convince myself I would like it eventually. Never happened.

Actually if you enjoy big corporate culture where not much is done and you get an 'ok' paycheck - while waiting for a chance to climb the later and make a decent paycheck in a few years it's a good fit.

However it is far from a fast moving company - I found most AE's there working side jobs in the conference rooms as the job really does not inspire much.

None - I do not blame management for not changing course - alot of them were there early and benefit from a culture that forcefully makes employees drink ridicules Kool-Aid. Dream job, Ha!

1080 Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce (View Most Recent)

#dreamjob?? Maybe for some.

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Salesforce is great company to work for if you fall into one of these two buckets:

1) A few years removed from college and you're looking to cut your teeth in software sales.

2) You have been working for SFDC for 5+ years.

Cons

If you're an accomplished sales rep at another company and looking for a move, here are some things to note about SFDC. These apply if you're looking for an ESB, SMB, MM or Commercial Account Executive role at SFDC:

1) Base salary is about 20-30% lower than most companies

2) They will tell you that on target earnings (OTE) are attainable if you "create your own success." Translation: We expect "butts-in-seats" by 7 AM, and cold calls / BASHO emails being sent all day.

3) Less than 2% of all new AE's reps hit OTE in their first two years (basically, expect to make a base salary). Ask this question during your interview.

3) Your every move is monitored through a dashboard, and people with the most cold calls, call connects, meetings scheduled, etc. win small SPIFFs (Think "Boiler Room")

You are losing good people, so time to start acting like a big company.

Sales-run Company

I worked at Salesforce full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Good Benefits
    -Decent Pay
    -Great Parties/Happy Hours
    -A few friendly people here and there-

Cons

-Whether you are a dev, in Support, Pro services, or Customer Success, this company is ruled by Egotistical Sales guys. They run the show, they draw the roadmap (not Product), and they screw up the sales process.

-A lot of micromanagement. Thought you had 1 manager? Get ready for at least 2 more.

-Employees are hardly hired for "talent"...it's more like that "hot or not" website....

-I watched numerous people quit or get fired (mostly sales underdog's). The Account Execs and higher ups don't give a rip about the cold-callers

There's nothing I could say that will change the way this company run's its business.
    My advice to prospective employees is to find a smaller start-up who has a great culture and family-like atmosphere. Don't join the "cool kids club"

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce