Salesforce

www.salesforce.com
  www.salesforce.com
There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce

Some of the smartest professionals I've ever worked with

Former Employee - Copy Editor in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Copy Editor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Colleagues are not just intelligent and insightful, they are generally genuinely nice. It seems to be part of the culture there, at least in the division I was in. Virtually everyone seemed happy in their work and satisfied with how they were treated by the company.

Cons

The company is now large enough that any one individual (outside of senior management) has a challenge in making a measurable, marked impact.

I don't see critical advice to give -- senior management seems to be getting most things right most of the time, and CEO Marc Benioff is a genuine visionary who sees opportunity before it's fully manifest to most other leaders.

Salesforce Response

Feb 4, 2014Employee Success Team

This is great to hear - thank you!

1080 Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce (View Most Recent)

I have been working at Salesforce

Pros

Employee stock purchase program
    Great CEO
    Good location in SF
    Good health care benefits
    1:1:1 model

Cons

Not competitive base salary - base salary has increased $2K with 3 promotions in 4 years

All about making your manager and their manager more money. Compensation is not competitive anymore

Culture has shifted and fun has been sucked out of the job.

Declined in quality of new hires and the next generation of Salesforce employees and leaders.

New leadership

No work life balance

Increase middle management creating more red tape and dissatisfied employees

Salesforce say we are about diversity but 1 person is of color and 2 women on the executive committee. And we don't get MLK day off as a holiday

Back to the basics of why Salesforce was a fun and cool place to work. Increase salary and perks to be more competitive to retain your loyal employees or else they will continue to leave.

Great strategy, great products, happy customers- yet disappointed

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Exciting market space with leadership position, high growth potential
    Our customers love our products and look for more opportunities to leverage the platform
    Salesforce Foundation 1:1:1, Charity Donation Matching, Employee Perks - fantastic
    Onboarding process is really well done. Probably due to the sheer number of new hire bootcamps!

Cons

Territory carving is a mess.
    Veterans have the lions share of accounts- install and whitespace yet all AEs have the same quota.
    Small percentage of AEs actually make OTE....if you do then you're in Club! I'd rather have a real shot at hitting OTE!!
    Multiyear bookings result in a higher quota the following year that actually negates any increase in year 1 compensation...why? where's the incentive

Level the playing field acoss the team. You've hired senior people so give the newer people a fighting chance.
    Align the assignments and quotas so there's more than 10% making quota.
    Club should require more than hitting OTE

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce