A dream career....

Current Employee - Lead Sales Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Lead Sales Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

By far the people and team atmosphere. There is no shortage of high caliber individuals to assist. Large data accessibility behind you in every turn.... no need to reinvent the wheel at every turn. Supportive management who look out for you and want you to succeed.

Cons

Not a con, but if you can't handle a fast pace environment, this may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Management (no matter the level) is accessible and interested in thoughts/ideas.

Feb 4, 2014 – Employee Success Team

Thank you for your feedback!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Territory is everything

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Competitive salary -Good benefits package -Well organized / well run -Good professional learning experience -Good work environment if a little loud

Cons

-The days of rapid growth are over, some territories and accounts do really well, others struggle. There is a core group of Account Executives that make their numbers, for the rest its a revolving door. -Critical to success is getting a good territory and having a good manager. -Salesforce is in a fight to be the next platform... to do that they need to hit big sales numbers... its a war and there will be casualties. Don't be surprised if you are one of them. -Salesforce's own implementation of Salesforce is a Frankenstein disaster. Account data is a mess too. When I was given my territory I had almost three hundred accounts. After I went through all of them to see what was real I actually only had 40. It was a tremendous waste of time and makes it difficult to really assess the market opportunity.

Advice to Management

Your implementation of Salesforce and the associated account data is a mess. Its given an unrealistic view of the market opportunity. Clean up your house.

Feb 13, 2014 – Employee Success Team

Thanks for sharing your insights - we are listening. We are passing along Glassdoor feedback to executives in an effort to improve our employees' experiences. We wish you the best in your new role. ... More

2. Awesome Work Environment

Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You definitely get a lot of great training with managers who have a track record of success in their field. Great place to develop and improve all skills related to enterprise, solution selling.

Cons

As the company is growing, beginning to feel slightly more like a big business

Advice to Management

Continue fostering a great learning environment. As we expand, to also try the best you can keep the start up vibe and mentality.

Feb 4, 2014 – #dreamjob Social Media Manager

This is great to hear - thank you!