Salesforce

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce

Short term focused

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company has a good brand, strong marketing

Cons

too short focused and does not value long term relationships with customers

Value the sales teams relationships

Salesforce Response

Feb 13, 2014Employee Success Team

We appreciate you taking time to provide a review. We will share your feedback with executives in an effort to improve our employees' experiences. Thank you and best of luck on your next endeavor.

1161 Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce (View Most Recent)

Territory is everything

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Competitive salary
    -Good benefits package
    -Well organized / well run
    -Good professional learning experience
    -Good work environment if a little loud

Cons

-The days of rapid growth are over, some territories and accounts do really well, others struggle. There is a core group of Account Executives that make their numbers, for the rest its a revolving door.
    -Critical to success is getting a good territory and having a good manager.
    -Salesforce is in a fight to be the next platform... to do that they need to hit big sales numbers... its a war and there will be casualties. Don't be surprised if you are one of them.
    -Salesforce's own implementation of Salesforce is a Frankenstein disaster. Account data is a mess too. When I was given my territory I had almost three hundred accounts. After I went through all of them to see what was real I actually only had 40. It was a tremendous waste of time and makes it difficult to really assess the market opportunity.

Your implementation of Salesforce and the associated account data is a mess. Its given an unrealistic view of the market opportunity. Clean up your house.

Salesforce Response

Feb 13, 2014Employee Success Team

Thanks for sharing your insights - we are listening. We are passing along Glassdoor feedback to executives in an effort to improve our employees' experiences. We wish you the best in your new role.

Dreamjob?

I have been working at Salesforce

Pros

The company really makes a point to voice the support of its employees moving around the company and finding their next dreamjob within.

Cons

Not all managers are supportive of internal movement. They need to learn that people are not property. If someone is ready to move on to a different role, they will do regardless, if not within they'll leave the company. It's sad to see how much great talent has left salesforce in the last couple of year because of lack of support for internal movement. Also, salary increase with promotions are often not fair -- the salary is often increased by percentage of an employees' current salary and not necessarily what the new role is actually worth and valued in the market. This is making many internal employees feel less valued and increasing the chances for attrition.

Have more communication with managers and internal team to support internal movement and promotions. Be fair, pay market rate even to internal employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce