Salesforce

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce

Middle Management

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging work. Great people. Some good benefits. Ability to live/work in San Francisco. Company continues to have a strong reputation.

Cons

Extreme growing pains have lead to many overworked/under-valued employees and under-resourced departments. Burn-out is prevalent throughout the company. Although comp packages were historically competitive, they now lag competitively.

Take time to better evaluate hiring and retention strategies to avoid an even greater loss of institutional knowledge than already suffered and recognize attracting and retaining talent involves both competitive comp and well-resourced teams. Investing in infrastructure, especially with ballooning growth, cannot continue to be put off.

1171 Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce (View Most Recent)

Best company I've ever worked for, but things are changing.

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

World's most innovative company. The pay.

Cons

The bigger it gets the more it loses its edginess & appeal.

Don't let salesforce become the next Oracle. Promote more from within. Find better ways to communcate down rhe food chain. Cost-cutting has its costs.

Great company, terrible politics - Review for the Marketing Cloud

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great, innovative company with amazing benefits, smart people, and opportunities. The majority of the rest of this review is for the marketing cloud in particular.

Cons

Being in the Marketing Cloud in particular, there were many acquisitions and a terrible, negative culture. Now that ExactTarget has become a part of the Marketing Cloud, its a fight for control between Salesforce and ET. Not a fun place to be right now with all the changes and job security is a joke. Many ExactTarget employees and managers that came over from the acquisition are totally unprepared for their positions. Everyone there got promotions and I'd have to say the majority are completely unqualified. I don't see things turning out well.

Learn a little bit from Salesforce and how they became successful (specifically for the ET folks). Have conversations with your employees and develop honest relationships. Don't micromanage, we work at salesforce because we most likely know what we're doing, and everyone works differently. Calm your ego down. Start leveraging employees' strengths rather than beating up their weaknesses. Most of all, good luck... personally I won't be here much longer.

Salesforce Response

Mar 26, 2014Employee Success Team

Thanks so much for your review! We agree there's always room for growth. One of the ways we're looking to facilitate more #dreamjob experiences is by sharing reviews like yours with executives so ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce