Salesforce

www.salesforce.com
  www.salesforce.com
There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce

Great people, great product, great benefits, corporate politics

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Career options
-Great compensation
-Company values giving back
-Great people
-great benefits
-Nice work space (snacks, drinks, workout studio)
-great place to develop your career

Cons

-Corporate politics (not sure if this can be avoided at a big company)
-naysayers when trying to make career moves that are outside the norm

-empower your employees to progress their careers WITHIN Salesforce, instead of quitting because they kept being told "no, can't happen, wouldnt get approved" etc.

1075 Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce (View Most Recent)

I thought I had a career, but really I'm another peon in a call center.

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

Benefits are great. The office is absolutely beautiful. There are always snacks, free food, events, beer, etc. Management can be pretty understanding when life happens and you need to take time off to take care of something.

Cons

A few months ago, there was a large surge of hiring. Most of the hires came from a third party vendor that was closing. Some of the new hires from this location were previously denied applicants. I discovered that these new employees were being hired in Senior positions over me, making more money than me, and were even given relocation bonuses that I was told I could not have when I relocated in the previous year to work for this company. When I was first hired, the interview process seemed incredibly difficult to get through. Once they had seats to fill, it became a mad dash to find anyone with any Salesforce experience to fill the seats, and they seemed to do anything to get those people here. I am now left feeling worthless and insignificant in my surroundings. My experience, hard work, and dedication to this company is now meshed into a field of call center employees dashing to meet metrics.

On top of the new employees that were hired from this vendor, they also hired managers. I know that people take time to adjust, but these managers are killing our vibe. Salesforce prides itself on transparency. These managers keep secrets and treat employees like worker bees. We have had multiple interactions with upper management where they will talk about a big change, and act surprised when they find out that those of us at the bottom didn't know about the change. The new managers don't understand the need for work and life balance. We previously had options to work remotely when we were ill, or even having an off day. Where we were didn't matter as long as we were doing our jobs. Now, if you are sick and want to work from home, you are asked to take PTO (since you are not given Sick time, you need to use your vacation time)more often, which encourages sick people to come to work and spread their illness throughout the building.

Talent seems to mean nothing here as well. It's all about how many years of service. I know of employees who don't put in the effort , who barely get their work done, and they are promoted because of how long they've been here, while I train other employees, mentor, and do still meet metrics, and I'm stuck at the same level.

You report to a manager here, but good luck finding your manager if you need something. The Managers are presented as people managers, but when it really comes down to it, they are project managers. I end up doing many small tasks for my manager, that my manager doesn't have time to do, in order to keep my team running smoothly. By no means do I blame my manager for this, but they need to take some of this off their plates. They seem to work 24 hours a day.

We recently had a huge push to get our case load down to a specific number. Our portion of the Organization spent 10 weeks squeezing every last drop out of every single one of us to close as many cases as possible. The communication that was sent out read as "I know you are working hard and thank you for your efforts, but work harder". After week 8, everyone around me was miserable. There were daily meltdowns from "Analysts" who were mad at customers for needing help, when the real problem was the amount of work they expected us to do, and the free time outside of work they expected us to sacrifice. Of course, management didn't see these meltdowns because they were off running Reports on metrics and trying to over analyze the reason behind xyz.

When I first came here, I really thought that this was a career. It now feels now different than any call center or retail job I have worked in. This is the longest I've ever worked at a company without receiving a promotion.

Treat people like experts in their field instead of robots to pump out metrics. By this I don't mean to call everyone an expert (since you already do that and have killed the statement). Really treat them like people. Respect what they know and do. Recognize people for hard work. Promote people who deserve it, not people who have been here longest. Value those who have value.

overall good

I have been working at Salesforce

Pros

good opportunity for career and great culture

Cons

people have strong ego and look you down

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce