Salesforce.com

www.salesforce.com

Great place to work (but slowly losing its shine)

Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce.com

Pros

Great place to work, allows one to be as aggressive or easy going as one wants rewarding hard work and results.
Gives folks the opportunity to easily change groups and try new areas of the cloud stack.

Cons

Some of the older employees have a great sense of entitlement and huge egos and treat newer folks unfailrly. Some groups go nuts following the internal agile development methodology actually ending up being less effective.
Too many layers of management creeping in as the company grows leading to excessive bureaucracy and politics.

Other Reviews for Salesforce.com

So-so experience but good for the resume

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce.com

Pros

Interesting technology with contemporary products
    fast paced with lots of work to do
    philanthropic with opportunities to volunteer

Cons

treat new comers with contempt
    there is no real management support due to fast pace
    tedious work in a Machiavellian environment

Real managers aren't just people who do a good job, they are people who know how to communicate with and motivate diverse personalities. Give training to mangers and if they are managing people give them the title; my manager was dissatisfied with her role and was more focused on figuring out how to manage her own career than she was with managing me. She left her position, but not without some passive aggressive angst. I got mismanaged as a result. I have thirteen years of tech experience, mainly between two of the more successful tech companies in the valley, and have been in management before, so I know what I am talking about. The best companies aren't just interested in growth and domination, they are interested in effectively managing real people.

Excellent job environment with great coworkers

Current Employee - Senior Support Account Specialist  in  San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Support Account Specialist in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Salesforce.com

Pros

Great pay, flexible work environment and friendly coworkers. Furthermore, they are very flexible with work-from-home arrangements. And the products rock.

Cons

Almost too fast-paced for their own good. Due to complexity and rapid release schedule of new features, software is difficult to support.

Spend some time to focus on product usability and stability. The new products are great, but don't lose track of the old ones.

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce.com.

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!