Salesforce.com

www.salesforce.com
  www.salesforce.com
There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce.com

A great company with some serious growing pains

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- great benefits
- great location
- internal mobility
- relaxed culture

Cons

- too many teams working on the same problems, ignorant of each other
- too many top-down directives that disrupt teams
- too long a chain of middle management--communication between teams is ineffective or non-existent
- infrastructure has not scaled with the company

Upper management seems dramatically disconnected from what actually goes on

984 Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce.com (View Most Recent)

Good place to work at

Current Employee - QA Engineer  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Salesforce.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

My first few months with Salesforce is good. I've worked in the field for 10 years and been at companies ranging form large corporations to a small startup. I read some of the one star reviews and think people might have different experiences on different teams or people just have different expectations. As for my own experience, compared to the companies I worked for in the past, Salesforce is a good company to work for. It offers above market salaries but also asks you to work hard for it. No doubt the amount of things to learn at the beginning is overwhelming. Luckily new employees are offered plenty of formal training classes. Everyone on the team is ready to help, too, because they got tons to do and really want you to be able to contribute. The company is growing fast so politics might get worse. But don't kid yourself. Wherever there are people, there is politics. I once worked at a 50 employee startup and had to deal with the constant BS going on in the office. Find a good manager who can shield you from a lot of this if you are a technical minded person. And the company allows you to jump between opportunities if you don't really like your current team and/or manager and they can't hold you back. My previous job was at a large software company, where an internal transfer took at least a few months...an offer letter can take up to 6 months for it to go up the management chain and get a headcount...the quality of software was a mess because the management only cares about metrics and spreadsheets and no idea what they were building. So far I haven't seen the same problems at Salesforce. The scrum teams are very small and agile. They do expect you to do real work very quick but working 10-12 hour shifts is not typical.

Cons

Lots to learn in the first 3-6 months, very hectic. The company is growing very fast, some growing pains.

Cut the bureaucracy, keep focusing on the quality of the product

awesome

I worked at Salesforce.com

Pros

great culture, amazing opportunities, and tough sales culture

Cons

manager politics get in the way, horizontal job shifts are hard

none

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce.com

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!