Salesforce.com

www.salesforce.com
  www.salesforce.com
There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce.com

Great R&D organization, but pollution seeping in.

Current Employee - Lead Member of Technical Staff  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Lead Member of Technical Staff in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Working with some of the best brains in the industry
- Great Benefits
- V2MOM is a great "Lead by example"
- Dedicated time given to individuals for their pet projects
- Great Work life balance

Cons

- Cronyism seeping in. Growth is tied to how much you suck up to your management
- Disagreements while encouraged on the surface, are dealt with serious repercussions covertly
- Work-life balance is eroding thanks to inept managers
- Top-down directives to teams is demoralizing

Trust your engineers to do the right thing.

993 Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce.com (View Most Recent)

Great Culture!

I have been working at Salesforce.com full-time

Pros

Culture, Benefits. This really is a great place to work. Very competitive as well. Overall I would recommend this to friends!

Cons

Fast-Paced, Easy to get lost in the mix

Internal transfers are impossible; salaries can be low and politics plague the company.

I worked at Salesforce.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The facilities budget is apparently huge. They have some of the most expensive real estate and they definitely didn't skimp on interior design. "Cool" company to work for, being in San Francisco and all. Their bread and butter product (salesforce automation) doesn't seem to be dying down anytime soon.

Cons

After three years here I had wanted to transfer to another department. I applied, and before it hit the hiring manager's mailbox, it hit my manager's mailbox first. How does that make any sense? The form I filled out said I would not have to contact my manager unless I was seriously being considered for the position. After my manager found out, he did whatever he could to make my job difficult and I eventually left on my own terms.

Salaries are OK if you can get your manager to vouch for you. Many times folks are lowballed and get stuck at lower salaries for their level and they don't even know it. Happened to me and it happened to a few people I knew. It can be easy to negotiate upwards in these cases as long as you can show strong performance and navigate the company politically. As long as your directors are your best friends you will make great money.

Promotions on the other hand are another beast. Some people I knew got promoted for no reason (other than being an SVP's best friend). As a high performer, it makes it very difficult because you work hard only to have other people get promoted because they can talk better than you, or go to more happy hours than you.

You have a great product and smart people; reward those that work hard instead of promoting those that can just talk their way upwards. Losing the best workers will hurt you in the long run.

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce.com

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!