Salesforce.com

Engineering

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce.com

Pros

I have a big opportunity to learn

Cons

an option with a downside as well as benefits

986 Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce.com (View Most Recent)

Great, Good, and Bad things

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce.com

Pros

Incredible innovation with the product, surrounded by great people, company is extremely successful and will be for a long time

Cons

Communication is an issue, and if something is going to fall through the cracks it will be something that affects employees negatively (won't be customer impacting).

Work on employee success. Communication. Internal career development programs, and give us a channel to review direct and senior managers AND give feedback directly to execs on a anonymous channel. Execs aren't hearing when employees are treated unfairly and it's killing the great culture we are famous for.

Fun place to work as a software developer

Current Employee - Senior Member of the Technical Staff  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Member of the Technical Staff in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce.com

Pros

- Competitive compensation and benefits
    - Large codebase with opportunities to improve just about anything
    - Innovation and experimentation is actively encouraged
    - Helping customers with their Force.com questions at the annual Dreamforce conference is a highlight
    - Direct and frank interaction with middle management about company gossip (at other jobs, middle management wrapped everything up in BS)
    - Managers deal with the politics so that you mostly don't have to
    - The annual holiday party is awesome

Cons

- Company is getting large, though it's also an opportunity to become a respected subject matter expert in multiple areas and collaborate with other smart developers
    - No LGBT group, for those who know what that is, though there are a moderate number of like-minded individuals working for the company

- While Chatter is presently the buzz in the Force.com world, don't lose sight of how customers and potential customers are using our competitors' products, such as Microsoft Access and Zoho. Big opportunities exists there, too.

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce.com

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!