Salesforce.com
www.salesforce.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Great product, great people who ask a lot of all employees

R&D (Current Employee)

I have been working at Salesforce.com

ProsProduct is truly remarkable, and the drive to innovate is powerful. Company supports notion that the best way to make money is to deliver powerful, effective features and new experimentation is encouraged. Excellent implementation of Agile. A lot of brilliant, playful, engaged people to work with. Does its best to empower employees rather than control them. Best tech job I've ever had, despite the cons. Responds very quickly to problems or changes in market.

ConsEveryone is overworked -- some are better at setting work/life boundaries than others, hard to do when everyone around you is responding to the "asks" as if it was a startup.
In a few areas, it's more who you know than what you produce (fact of life?).
Emphasis on *stars* is discouraging for those who just want to make life better for our customers and be rewarded for that valuable work. Unpleasant overcrowding expected to last another year or two. Interviews can confuse quiet competence for disinterest -- not everyone expresses their passion like a 25 year old. Merit/bonus system is hopelessly complicated and promotions in some areas seem very unfair/uneven. why do they pay us so much money and then put us in a loud, crowded environment where thinking is impossible?

Advice to Senior ManagementDeliver on resource planning -- staff, space, and the infrastructure (plant and personnel) to keep all that staff communicating. And pay attention to the "endgame" once you've pushed a product out the door. You're not a startup, and are now vulnerable to disruption at the lower end: that's when having a complete product counts most.

n/a

QA Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Salesforce.com

Pros: Great interesting, challenging projects, bright people Cons: More and more process oriented as the company grows Advice to Senior Management: LIsten to your employees Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Place to work

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Salesforce.com

Pros: Great overall work environment, huge avenues to grow and progress Cons: None till now, Marketing spend is low Advice to Senior Management: Expand in un chartered territories Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Salesforce.com.

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!

Salesforce.com – Why Work for Us?

Salesforce.com's social and mobile cloud technologies are helping companies connect with their customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways and revolutionizing the way businesses sell, service, market, and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Salesforce.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff. All reviews posted anonymously by Salesforce.com employees.