Salient Partners

www.salientpartners.com
There are newer employer reviews for Salient Partners

Love this place

I have been working at Salient Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work with great people on interesting projects. Given a huge amount of responsibility and autonomy. Great work/life balance, especially for finance.

Cons

Opaque bonus scheme is frustrating.

Keep up the good work.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Salient Partners (View Most Recent)

Good learning, internship experience with great culture

I worked at Salient Partners as an intern

Pros

Really nice people, great culture, very willing to help

Cons

Even for the interns there were pretty long hours and inherent pressure to stay late. There wasn't really any formal training like you see at other internship programs, and a lot of the learning is hands on and on the job. It would've been nice to receive a more formal training (even if just for a week) to catch everyone up on the basics of the industry and the type of work we'd be doing.

Develop more training programs and work in programs for interns to lead into full time jobs.

Very cliquish

Former Employee - Staff in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Staff in Houston, TX

I worked at Salient Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some of the managers and staff are very friendly. Office is located in the Galleria area, which gives you plenty of places to choose for lunch.

Cons

I think the worst aspect of this place is how much they 'look their noses down at you'. A very arrogant bunch lead this group (and otherwise work there). What's annoying is that some of the very senior people absolutely rode others coattails to get where they were (or otherwise had family money to begin with).

Has a very 'high school' feel as it's an extremely 'cliquish' place to work. You very much have to stroke egos of senior management if you hope to move up anywhere.

Also, the company did away with raises for most employees. So now, unless you're one of the "fortunate few" (a quote from an actual email from one of the very senior 'leaders' at Salient) you will not receive any kind of COLA, bonus, etc going forward.

Company is NOT family friendly (unless, once again, you're a senior officer or in good with one). Non-existent work life balance, as every week another 'high priority' project would be assigned. I had to miss several events with my family b/c this 'life or death' project just had to get done ASAP

Benefits are poor. The cost of medical insurance is very high. The medical they offer isn't even accepted at some medical facilities. Also, 401k match is the least of any company I've worked with.

Just wasn't a pleasant place to work overall.

There's a reason you've had so much turnover in personnel over the past several years.

There are newer employer reviews for Salient Partners