Salix Pharmaceuticals

www.salix.com

Territory Manager

Pharmaceutical Territory Manager (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent opportunity to be able to stand out in one's field. Solo territory representatives with large geographies, call specifically on gastroenterology specialists and endoscopy clinics and hospital units.

Sell two different kinds of bowel purgatives: Osmoprep (tablets) and MoviPrep (reduced-volume liquid)... which truly makes you a full-service expert/provider when you walk through the door. There are enough perceived safety concerns about products and competition to maintain necessity for articulate clinical conversations-- therefore keeping the details intelligent and interesting to the rep: there is no chance of being bored or 'sloughing off' with this job. The representatives are "force ranked" and therefore there is no wishy-washyness when it comes to looking at numbers and rankings each month. Your standing in the company will be noticed.

I highly recommend it to people who want 1) to be highly clinical and highly accountable, 2) to run their territory as if it truly were your business, 3) experience that will help them move into a career in medical device sales as this position with Salix appears to have been an excellent bridge for people looking to make that career move.

ConsMore so than with other pharmaceutical companies, you must remain committed to ensuring your own work-life balance, as this easily becomes an 80-hour/week job.

First impression

Pharmaceutical Territory Manager (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Salix Pharmaceuticals full-time for less than a year

Pros: People seem to generally care and want you to succeed. Take pride… Cons: So far none but I am new. Advice to Senior Management: Keep making the new hires and santarus reps feel like… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Terrible company

I have been working at Salix Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than a year

Pros: There is not anything that I consider to be good… Cons: This is a Micro managed company. Everyone wants to leave… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Salix Pharmaceuticals.

Worked for Salix Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!