Sallie Mae

www.salliemae.com

A job is a job

Collector (Former Employee) Muncie, IN

ProsI was an excellent collector. If you can hit goal, you will make alot of money. On the federal side Student Assistance Corporation (SAC) when you hit goal you get $400.00

ConsYou have to spend alot of time there to hit goal. Management wants you to live there because by you hitting your goal they hit theres. They want you to work 55+ hours a week and make you feel bad when you dont.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the collectors more. The collectors know what works and dosent. Change the scheduling too. This is one of the few call centers where you work weekends!

did not like it, not for me

Collections Specialist (Former Employee) Newark, DE

I worked at Sallie Mae

Pros: good benefits dental, vision, health , 401k good incentive if… Cons: the work is boring and repetitive Advice to Senior Management: increase base pay More

Growing Pains but Settling In

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Newark, DE

I have been working at Sallie Mae

Pros: Smart co-workers who are dedicated even when the environment has been tough. People are very creative in problem-solving and I really enjoy my co-workers.… Cons: Lots of cuts in the last 2 years. Budget and people have been slashed to the point where the organization… Advice to Senior Management: The CEO is more of a visionary and has taken the company through some great and tough times. The President/COO lacks this vision and… More
There are newer reviews on Sallie Mae.

Worked for Sallie Mae? Contribute to the Community!