Sallie Mae

www.salliemae.com
  www.salliemae.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sallie Mae

Great company to work for.

I have been working at Sallie Mae

Pros

Sallie Mae is a great company to work for. The benefits are good, the people are dedicated and pleasant to work with, and the work environment is challenging but very supportive.

Cons

As a financial services company, the culture is very conservative. Many employees have been there a long time. Would like to see more of a culture of innovation.

161 Other Employee Reviews for Sallie Mae (View Most Recent)

Think before you leap.....

I have been working at Sallie Mae

Pros

The benefits are comporable with other organizations of a similar size such as health care, dental, vision and paid time off.

Cons

If you are interested in working for a corporate giant, this is the place for you. Senior Management is concerned with one thing - cutting costs and keeping share price up. Overall, I do not feel my opinions matter, nor are my ideas taken seriously. It was extremely disappointing when Sallie Mae purchased the organization that I was working for several years ago.

Everything was great up to about 2008.

Former Employee - Customer Profile Services Analyst
    Former Employee - Customer Profile Services Analyst

I worked at Sallie Mae

Pros

They do have a good benefits package. Every department I worked in recognized good job performance and rewarded it accordingly.

Cons

The company went through tremendous change with a lot of downsizing over the last couple of years. Changes aren't always effectively communicated by upper management.

Keep the lines of communication open, especially in hard times. It would make the employees more at ease.

There are newer employer reviews for Sallie Mae