Sallie Mae

www.salliemae.com
  www.salliemae.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sallie Mae

Hated it

I worked at Sallie Mae full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They offer good pay, vacation time, sick leave and 401k. The health and dental plans have a low monthly contribution.

Cons

If you work in the call center you will be treated like a number and not a person. You are even timed when you go to the bathroom. They say they like to promote from within but after nearly 4 years there I was never given the opportunity. Eventually my job was shipped overseas.

Your attendance policy is aweful. Oh it is also not cool to have your phone reps train people from India where you eventually ship their job and lay them off...

161 Other Employee Reviews for Sallie Mae (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for.

I have been working at Sallie Mae

Pros

Sallie Mae is a great company to work for. The benefits are good, the people are dedicated and pleasant to work with, and the work environment is challenging but very supportive.

Cons

As a financial services company, the culture is very conservative. Many employees have been there a long time. Would like to see more of a culture of innovation.

Everything was great up to about 2008.

Former Employee - Customer Profile Services Analyst
    Former Employee - Customer Profile Services Analyst

I worked at Sallie Mae

Pros

They do have a good benefits package. Every department I worked in recognized good job performance and rewarded it accordingly.

Cons

The company went through tremendous change with a lot of downsizing over the last couple of years. Changes aren't always effectively communicated by upper management.

Keep the lines of communication open, especially in hard times. It would make the employees more at ease.

There are newer employer reviews for Sallie Mae