Sallie Mae
www.salliemae.com Newark, DE 5000+ Employees

Sallie Mae - Good place!

IT Staff (Current Employee)
Fishers, IN

I have been working at Sallie Mae full-time for more than 8 years

ProsSallie Mae offers a great work environment with lots of great people. People are the best part of Sallie Mae as we all try to provide the best service internally and externally to our customers. People come and go to the company and, regarding those that leave, the grass is not always greener elsewhere and some would like to come back. The company is constantly adjusting course to move in the most productive direction for our customers and investors. We promote responsibility to our student borrowers with a 1-2-3 approach: free money, government money, then private money.

ConsThe regulatory risk is the overarching con to this company or industry in general. It is in the news a lot lately. Sallie Mae appears to run a lean IT shop by controlling expenses.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep the employees informed as you are currently doing. It helps knowing that we are all working toward the same goals.

Awful company to work from from top to bottom

Web Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
Newark, DE

I worked at Sallie Mae full-time for less than a year

Pros: Compensation average benefits onsite gym Ok middle management teams uPromise Cons: Senior Management Management Poor Strategy non competitive product Poor Branding Advice to Senior Management: Sell to an experienced firm No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Decent experience for first job after graduating college.

Collector (Former Employee)
Newark, DE

I worked at Sallie Mae

Pros: Good hourly wage and monthly bonus Cons: A lot of pettiness among workers in regards to bonus… More

There are newer reviews on Sallie Mae.

Worked for Sallie Mae? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sallie Mae reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sallie Mae CEO John (Jack) F. Remondi. All reviews posted anonymously by Sallie Mae employees.