Sallie Mae
www.salliemae.com Newark, DE 5000+ Employees

Well run

Analyst (Former Employee)
Reston, VA

ProsI worked for Sallie Mae for almost four years back when headquarters were located in Reston. At the time, the company offered a very flexible work-life balance, with the option to work from home as needed and casual Fridays. Sallie Mae was a well managed, organized, and structured place to work despite the constant grappling that occurred with the federal government over the student loan business. The best part about going into work everyday were the people. Most people I worked with were incredibly genuine, down to earth, and efficient in their roles. It was never a very stressful environment even though the company went through some rollercoaster rides during my time there.

ConsThere is no real performance management that takes place at Sallie Mae and people are given promotions based on popularity. There seemed to be little innovation within the groups I worked for.

Good Start

Reston, VA

I have been working at Sallie Mae full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Nice facilities, lots of lateral movement, good work/life balance Cons: Stagnant, limited upward mobility. Pay. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great work environment, very flexible, compensation structure a bit rigid

I have been working at Sallie Mae

Pros: SLM provides one ofthe most flexible working environments, allowing folks to work from… Cons: Compensation structure is very rigid, but is pegged to company performance. Upward mobility exists, but % changes in salaries are small. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sallie Mae.

Worked for Sallie Mae? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sallie Mae reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sallie Mae CEO John (Jack) F. Remondi. All reviews posted anonymously by Sallie Mae employees.