Sallie Mae
www.salliemae.com Newark, DE 5000+ Employees

Over time, I was mentally and emotionally broken down

Collector I (Former Employee)
Muncie, IN

ProsGood benefits and pay, competitive

ConsIf you didn't hit goal, you were put down and even yelled at by some supervisors. If you are not a top performer or if you don't hit goal very often, supervisors and seniors treat you like you have little intelligence and publicly embarrass you. Not every employee is treated fairly, even though they are supposed to be. If you are a favorite of your supervisor or other upper management, you can get away with just about anything. If you are not a favorite, you can't.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure ALL employees including upper management are following policies. Make it easier for employees to complain about supervisors or other employees, because somehow those people always find out who told on them.

Great until culture starting changing mid 2010

Manager (Current Employee)
    Reston, VA

I have been working at Sallie Mae

Pros: The benefits are decent. Depending on your supervisor, work life balance… Cons: Senior Management decisions are sketchy and don't appear to be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Meh

CRS (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Sallie Mae

Pros: freedom of not having someone micro manage and good training… Cons: Its like High School sometimes, people gossiping , and the fact that… Advice to Senior Management: pay us more, this is not a 11,12 hour job really its not. They… More
There are newer reviews on Sallie Mae.

Worked for Sallie Mae? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sallie Mae reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sallie Mae CEO John (Jack) F. Remondi. All reviews posted anonymously by Sallie Mae employees.