Sally Beauty

www.sallybeautyholdings.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sally Beauty

always changing, with little to no answers for employees

I have been working at Sally Beauty part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great perks such as free products, product knowledge (you learn quick) if you work hard they like to promote from within.

Cons

Process of getting promotion is out of control. Training and doing the promoted job without pay for a long time. Loss of communication with higher management and everyone seems burnt out when it really is a fun place to work.

Treat your good employees with good work ethic appropriately. Pay better wages and keep everyone well informed instead of getting upset when things are not done properly.

244 Other Employee Reviews for Sally Beauty (View Most Recent)

Okay.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Sally Beauty

Pros

-Free products monthly
    -Rewards bonuses by selling certain products

Cons

-Pay
    -Not enough hours
    -Poor training
    -no advancement
    -employees are just a number (my manager is horribly rude to customers yet still works there because her numbers are decent)
    -computer systems are terribly old! no scanners, no debit, need to call up a number if a customer forgets their membership card.. its 2012 people!!

**If you do not know much about hair color (did not go to beauty school), helping customers with haircolor can be tricky! need to know about toners, bleach, what base to use to certain colors out of hair..and customers will come back and complain that they're hair did not come out how they wanted. if you know about haircolor then great!

Treat employees like they matter!

A good starting point for retail management

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Sally Beauty full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of job education. Good incentives for management. Free products to try, free trips for you and a companion to places like punta cana and mexico.

Cons

Long hours and days. Very small staff and not enough hours given to properly staff store with. A lot of times you must work part of your vacation week unless you have air tickets and are going across the country. For such a large company the salary is not worth the hours you must put in. Always will be on call 24/7 365 so you will always be tied to work and not have much of a social life. Rarely get to use vacation time cause it must be taken a full week at a time.

They should have guidelines as for what criteria they are looking when promoting from within the company. Would be nice to see what we are expected to be performing to move up. Feeling like you need to know the right people for a promotion seems unfair to those working hard and putting time in. You would keep alot more store managers and sales associates if the pay was more equal to what we are expected to do in return for you. Let us take vacation days instead of making us take a week at a time or pay us for the time we don't get to use cause you make it to difficult to get a full week off.

There are newer employer reviews for Sally Beauty